On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hey there

Is the tinymce editor not to work out of the box in 9.6.1p2 ? Ive tried various settings and cant get anything but the normal html editing mode out of the ’Document content’ window.
    I also tried installing the fckeditor , but when i select it the ’Document content’ area goes blank and is uneditable.

I tried the demo from http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=2101&Itemid=159 and it worked fine, so it doesn’t seem to be a browser problem.

Have i just overlooked a basis enable option or what is the problem ?

PS im running apache2.2/mysql/php5
    • Did you 1) turn on the RTE option in the document settings, 2) check that USe Editor is selected in the site settings, 3) make sure it is installed - I think that only TinyMCE is packaged with the install.
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
      • well i checked the "Rich text?" option in document settings. In tools->configuration->Interface & Features i have "Enable Editor" set to Yes.
        I also tried installing other versions of the TinyMCE editor with same succes.
        Also tried modx-0.9.6 and it didnt work out of the box either
        • Check in the plug-ins management section in the manager and see if the corresponding plug-ins are installed.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • well seems to be some server side setting, since the editor worked when i tried installing the XAMPP apache/mysql/php package instead of apache2triad.

Any idea what it could have been ?
            Well, thanks for the help anyway