We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hey there

Is the tinymce editor not to work out of the box in 9.6.1p2 ? Ive tried various settings and cant get anything but the normal html editing mode out of the ’Document content’ window.
    I also tried installing the fckeditor , but when i select it the ’Document content’ area goes blank and is uneditable.

I tried the demo from http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=2101&Itemid=159 and it worked fine, so it doesn’t seem to be a browser problem.

Have i just overlooked a basis enable option or what is the problem ?

PS im running apache2.2/mysql/php5
      • 4,205 Posts
      Did you 1) turn on the RTE option in the document settings, 2) check that USe Editor is selected in the site settings, 3) make sure it is installed - I think that only TinyMCE is packaged with the install.
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • 3 Posts
        well i checked the "Rich text?" option in document settings. In tools->configuration->Interface & Features i have "Enable Editor" set to Yes.
        I also tried installing other versions of the TinyMCE editor with same succes.
        Also tried modx-0.9.6 and it didnt work out of the box either
          • 4,205 Posts
          Check in the plug-ins management section in the manager and see if the corresponding plug-ins are installed.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 3 Posts
            well seems to be some server side setting, since the editor worked when i tried installing the XAMPP apache/mysql/php package instead of apache2triad.

Any idea what it could have been ?
            Well, thanks for the help anyway