We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 206 Posts
    Both FCK and Tiny do show minimal user interface on the frontend when using News Publishing or NewsManager. Can I use at least the "paste from Word" button on the frontend?
    (EDIT: typo in the title)
      • 206 Posts
      Sorry. Where to set FCK or Tiny to appear Advanced or Custom on the FrontEnd?

In the plugin-code:
      if(isset($forfrontend)||$modx->isFrontend()){
      $frontend = ’true’;
      $frontend_language = isset($modx->config[’fe_editor_lang’]) ? $modx->config[’fe_editor_lang’]:"";
      $tinymce_language = getTinyMCELang($frontend_language);
      $html = getTinyMCEScript($elementList,$webtheme,$width,$height,$tinymce_language,$frontend,$base_url, $webPlugins, $webButtons1, $webButtons2, $webButtons3, $webButtons4, $disabledButtons, $tinyFormats, $entity_encoding, $entities, $tinyPathOptions, $tinyCleanup, $tinyResizing, $modx->config[’editor_css_path’], $modx->config[’tinymce_css_selectors’], $modx->config[’use_browser’], $webAlign, null, null, $tinyLinkList, $customparams, $tinyURL, $modx->config[’rb_webuser’]);
      } else {
      $frontend = ’false’;
      $manager_language = $modx->config[’manager_language’];
      $tinymce_language = getTinyMCELang($manager_language);
      $html = getTinyMCEScript($elementList, $modx->config[’tinymce_editor_theme’], $width=’100%’, $height=’400px’, $tinymce_language, $frontend, $modx->config[’base_url’], $modx->config[’tinymce_custom_plugins’], $modx->config[’tinymce_custom_buttons1’], $modx->config[’tinymce_custom_buttons2’], $modx->config[’tinymce_custom_buttons3’], $modx->config[’tinymce_custom_buttons4’], $disabledButtons, $tinyFormats, $entity_encoding, $entities, $tinyPathOptions, $tinyCleanup, $tinyResizing, $modx->config[’editor_css_path’], $modx->config[’tinymce_css_selectors’], $modx->config[’use_browser’], $modx->config[’manager_direction’], $advimage_styles, $advlink_styles, $tinyLinkList, $customparams, $tinyURL, null);
      }

Where has the value of $forfrontend) been set?
      Where have the $webButtons1...4 been set?

And so on.
      I need a full or custom set of RTE tools on the frontend editor page.
        • 1,131 Posts
        Look at the configuration of the plugin itself. Should be an option to set the theme when used on the frontend for a web user.
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 206 Posts
          Thanks, I really was looking for that option. Although in the Manager / Tools / Configuration / Interface & Feature, the TinyMCE-Theme or FCKEdit-Toolbar is set to Advanced, this only affects the backend-editing. So if there’s a configuration for the plugin itself with an option for the frontend-theme, it would be nice to name it.
            • 1,131 Posts
            Resources > Manage Resources > Plugins > TinyMCE > Configuration

Just set Web Theme to what you want. Granted, it’s a global setting for any instance of TinyMCE but it works for now till I can add some more complexity to the plugin.
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."