We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 354 Posts
    Is it possible to disable RTE for some but not all documents? It would also suffice if it could be done for a specific template. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    • On the Page Settings tab of individual documents there is a Rich Text checkbox. It has to be done individually per page, but thankfully there’s the docmanager for that. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 354 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Feb 16, 2007, 03:57 PM

On the Page Settings tab of individual documents there is a Rich Text checkbox. It has to be done individually per page, but thankfully there’s the docmanager for that. smiley

Thank you, though this is not what i was hoping for. I was looking for something that makes new documents in specific folders (defined by me) default to non-RTE without affecting anything else.
        • I would look at modifying the Inherit Parent Template plugin to also set the status of the RTE checkbox.
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 354 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Feb 16, 2007, 04:52 PM

I would look at modifying the Inherit Parent Template plugin to also set the status of the RTE checkbox.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. However after thinking my goals through i came up with another idea. Read below if you are interested in the why, otherwise skip it smiley

You see i needed to have non RTE content because the GoogleMapMarker snippet has trouble with rte content when it uses it for the bubble content associated with the markers. I think instead of your suggestion it would be easier to just alter the snippet and/or its Ditto call to use a simple text tv i create and assign to my marker template. Also i figured i need some RTE content to be associated with my marker documents anyway because later on I will make each marker link to a "read-more"-style document (much like a news page but with the summary in the bubble instead of a newlisting) for which i could then use the regular content field.
            • That is an even better solution, good idea!