On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Martijn van Turnhout Reply #1, 7 years, 11 months ago
    Hi,

    I’m using MODX 1.0.5 Evolution, in combination with YAMS 1.2.0 RC3. I’ve used the .htaccess which is generated with this version. The site works fine in every browser except Chrome! The browser takes a while with loading the homepage and all it does in the end is give me a Chrome error page, which contains the following message:

    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): there are too many redirects 
    


    I’ve installed YAMS 1.2.0 RC3 and it has something to do with it. I’ve disabled the plugin and it works fine then. Can someone help me out here please? I’m using the .htaccess that is generated with the settings. Settings are included in a PNG file attached to this post.

    Thanks a lot in advance!
    • hi,

      hi, don’t know why some of of your config values but, first you may try * in modx urls field and "default" for url conversion mode

      what i can say is i’m currently working on a multilingual website with the same basic config as yours (1.0.5 + yams 1.2.0 RC3) and chrome doesn’t have any problem with it, don’t worry, it’ll work smiley

      have swing
        réfléchir avant d'agir
      • Martijn van Turnhout Reply #3, 7 years, 11 months ago
        I’ve just done what you asked me to do: I get redirected to the homepage without any language aliases attached (like /en/ and /nl/), but the moment I click on another link and he wants to go to the NL or EN version, I get the same error again!

        God, this is annoying.

        Check the attachment to see which settings I’m using now. This only happens in Chrome by the way and it keeps outputting the same error message:

        "Deze webpagina bevat een omleidingslus" > "This webpage contains a redirect loop".

        Also, I can’t seem to switch languages in IE browsers. Sigh.
        • Martijn van Turnhout Reply #4, 7 years, 11 months ago
          With the help of Mark Hamstra, I finally solved this issue with the following settings:

          .htaccess

          # For full documentation and other suggested options, please see
          # http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/MODx096/Friendly+URL+Solutions
          # including for unexpected logouts in multi-server/cloud environments
          # and especially for the first three commented out rules
          
          # Friendly URLs
          RewriteEngine On
          RewriteBase /~infodm/ (this was first [b]/%7Einfodm/[/b])
          
          # Fix Apache internal dummy connections from breaking [(site_url)] cache
          RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^.*internal\ dummy\ connection.*$ [NC]
          RewriteRule .* - [F,L]
          
          # Exclude /assets and /manager directories from rewrite rules
          RewriteRule ^(manager|assets) - [L]
          
          # Redirect from mydomain.com/rootname to mydomain.com/rootname/
          RewriteRule ^en$ en/ [R=301,L]
          RewriteRule ^nl$ nl/ [R=301,L]
          
          # The Friendly URLs part
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteRule ^en/(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteRule ^nl/(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
          


          For otherFlagItemTpl (one of the tpls for language switch) we used:

          <li class="yams_lang_(yams_id)"><a href="(yams_docr)?yams_lang=(yams_tag)" lang="(yams_tag)">(yams_name)</a></li>
          


          That extra parameter seemed necessary in IE here.

          Check the other settings in the attachment!
          • hi,

            great it worked for you, not for nothing Mark H is a solution partner smiley

            Have swing
              réfléchir avant d'agir
            • If the problem recently started you may have malware or something of that nature on your computer. I would suggest you do a system restore and restore your computer to a time before you had the issue. This link will show you how to do a system restore.



              Only other suggestion I have is to call your internet provider support, their # is on your monthly internet bill.

              you can also implement the below methods.

              #Clear Cache and History.
              #Check Firewall Settings
              #Check ‘.htaccess’ File
              #Update Time and Date.

              I hope this above methods are help you to fix the error.