We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I make a lot of use of Wayfinder’s automatic [+wf.linktext+] that searches menutitle first and falls back to pagetitle if the former is blank.

When using YAMS I didn’t want to lose this ability and force the client to enter menu titles for every page. I have PHx installed and the following snippet works well (adapted from docr/row.tpl):
    <li[+wf.id+][+wf.classes+]>
      <a href="(yams_docr:[+wf.docid+])" title="[[YAMS? &get=`data` &docid=`[+wf.docid+]` &from=`pagetitle`]]" [+wf.attributes+]>[+phx:if=`[[YAMS? &get=`data` &docid=`[+wf.docid+]` &from=`menutitle`]]`:eq=``:then=`[[YAMS? &get=`data` &docid=`[+wf.docid+]` &from=`pagetitle`]]`:else=`[[YAMS? &get=`data` &docid=`[+wf.docid+]` &from=`menutitle`]]`+]</a>
      [+wf.wrapper+]
    </li>

Yes it’s an extra set of database queries, but worth it for convenience.
      MAPLEDESIGN MODX development and MODX web design and custom development. Proud to serve UK and International clients!
      • 805 Posts
      Thanks a lot for sharing your solution Peter. Several people have asked about that in the past.

Quote from: Peter at Jul 08, 2010, 02:13 PM

Yes it’s an extra set of database queries, but worth it for convenience.
      Actually, there are almost certainly no extra database calls as a result of your modification to the default template. The [tt][[YAMS?...[/tt] snippet outputs [tt]((yams_data:...))[/tt] placeholders. When YAMS parses the page it collects up all those placeholders and combines them into mysql queries sufficient to grab all the info it needs from up to 50 documents at a time, which is far more efficient. Unless it’s a very big site, that normally means that it everything is grabbed in single query.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
      • Quote from: PMS at Jul 08, 2010, 09:20 PM

Actually, there are almost certainly no extra database calls as a result of your modification to the default template.

Ah that’s fantastic to know, and to get more of an insight into how YAMS works. I was beginning to think I’d need a caching server on this site, but all should be well then smiley
          MAPLEDESIGN MODX development and MODX web design and custom development. Proud to serve UK and International clients!