We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hello !

I’m getting beter and better in Yams comprehension ! ..but

Keywords using multilingual TVS works (using step by step procedure here : http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,49625.0.html) but there are somme troubles :

1. Create one template variable for each language and associate them with your templates: keywords_fr, keywords_ja in your case. The YAMS ManagerManager rules will automatically tabify them for you.

The YAMS ManagerManager does not tabify correctly :
    - keywords_ja sometimes does not appear at all
    - I added English language, then :
    - Title_en appears in all tabs below the content
    - keywords_fr appears on to of English tab

note : I’ve applied steps 1 (create TVs), 2 (modify <head> block) and 3 (modify mm_rules chuck)

// ------------------------ INSERT YOUR RULES HERE --------------------
    // These are example rules -- replace them with your own
    // PHP *is* allowed

// News editors role -- creating a variable makes it easier to manage if this changes in the future
    $news_role = ’3’;

mm_hideFields(’pagetitle,menutitle,link_attributes,template,menuindex,description,show_in_menu,which_editor,is_folder,is_richtext,log,searchable,cacheable,clear_cache’, $news_role);
    mm_renameTab(’settings’, ’Publication settings’, $news_role);
    mm_synch_fields(’pagetitle,menutitle,longtitle’, $news_role);
    mm_renameField(’longtitle’,’Headline’, $news_role, ’’, ’This will be displayed at the top of each page’);

// News story template
    $news_tpl = ’10’;
    mm_createTab(’Categories’,’HrCats’, ’’, $news_tpl, ’’, ’600’);
    mm_moveFieldsToTab(’tvnewsbigimage’, ’general’, ’’, $news_tpl);
    mm_changeFieldHelp(’longtitle’, ’The story\’s headline’, ’’, $news_tpl);
    mm_changeFieldHelp(’introtext’, ’A short summary of the story’, ’’, $news_tpl);
    mm_hideFields(’menuindex,show_in_menu’, ’’, $news_tpl);
    mm_changeFieldHelp(’parent’, ’To move this story to a different folder: Click this icon to activate, then choose a new folder in the tree on the left.’, ’’, $news_tpl);

// For everyone
    mm_default(’pub_date’);
    mm_renameField(’introtext’,’Summary’);
    mm_changeFieldHelp(’alias’, ’The URL that will be used to reach this story. Only numbers, letters and hyphens can be used’);
    mm_widget_tags(’blogTags’); // Give blog tag editing capabilities to the ’blogTags’ TV
    mm_widget_colors(’colour’, ’#666666’); // make a color selector widget for the ’colour’ TV
    //mm_widget_showimagetvs(); // Always give a preview of Image TVs
    mm_widget_showimagetvs(); // Always give a preview of Image TVs for ManagerManager

// For everyone except administrators
    mm_hideFields(’link_attributes’, ’!1’);
    //mm_moveFieldsToTab(’tvcolour’, ’general’);

// Added for YAMS
    require( $modx->config[’base_path’] . ’assets/modules/yams/yams.mm_rules.inc.php’ );
    $langIds = $yams->GetActiveLangIds();
    foreach ( $langIds as $langId )
    {
    mm_widget_tags(’keywords_’ . $langId );
    }

// ------------------------ END OF RULES --------------------

Have I done something wrong ?

Eric
      • 26 Posts
      Here are some screen shots

• 805 Posts
        I wonder whether all those other rules might be interfering with the YAMS ones. Perhaps try commenting out any rules you don’t need (all of them, if they are just the default rules rather than your own custom ones?) and moving the YAMS rules to the top.
          YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
          YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
          Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
          • 26 Posts
          Hello !

try commenting out any rules you don’t need (all of them, if they are just the default rules rather than your own custom ones?) and moving the YAMS rules to the top.

I commented everything exept

// Added for YAMS
          require( $modx->config['base_path'] . 'assets/modules/yams/yams.mm_rules.inc.php' );
          $langIds = $yams->GetActiveLangIds();
          foreach ( $langIds as $langId )
          {
            mm_widget_tags('keywords_' . $langId );
          }

but it doesn’t change anything (even when I create a new ressource).

Eric.
            • 805 Posts
            I have this exact same code working on my own site, so I wonder whether it might be a ManagerManager bug. Which version are you using? I have 0.3.8.
              YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
              YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
              Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.