We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hello,
    I’ve mono-lingual site with some contents.
    I’ve installed YAMS. Yams has worked OK.

I’ve add two languages default Polish and Additional English.

Do I need copy all my current contents from general tab to Polish tab ( title -> title(pl), content -> content(pl) and so on )?

Miso
      • 38 Posts
      as far as i know yes
        • 805 Posts
        Quote from: miso at Jun 08, 2010, 01:40 PM

Do I need copy all my current contents from general tab to Polish tab ( title -> title(pl), content -> content(pl) and so on )?
        There was a bug in older versions of YAMS which meant that automatic copying of content from the standard MODx fields to the default language multilingual template variables didn’t work under all circumstances. However, this was fixed for YAMS 1.1.9.

So, if you have YAMS version 1.1.9 then copying of the standard document variables to the default language multilingual template variables should be automatic. Content will only get copied if the destination fields are empty. The automatic copying will occur when the default language is changed or when a template is switched from monolingual to multilingual (Modules>YAMS>Multilingual Templates).

If you would like to completely re-synchronise the default language templates variables for all documents with the content from the standard document variables, then this can be done by deleting all the default language template variables (eg: pagetitle_en, introtext_en, content_en, etc.) and pressing the Modules>YAMS>Multilingual Templates>Update button. YAMS will re-create the missing template variables and copy over the content.

If you want to copy over new standard document variable content to corresponding empty default language template variables (because new content has been added to the standard document variables or content has been deleted from the default language template variables) this can be done by switching the corresponding template(s) to monolingual and then reverting it(them) back to multilingual.
          YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
          YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
          Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
          • 2 Posts
          Quote from: PMS at Jun 08, 2010, 11:08 PM

So, if you have YAMS version 1.1.9 then copying of the standard document variables to the default language multilingual template variables should be automatic.

Thank You for answer and new version of course.

Important: Set to YES Autoupdate Manager Document Title in YAMS/Other Params.
          Without this YAMS didn’t copied standard content.

Miso
            • 805 Posts
            Hi Miso.

I think you might be mistaken there. I have just tested copying of content from the document variables towards the default language template variables with "Autoupdate Manager Document Title" set to "No" using both methods described in my previous post and it still works for me.

If you are convinced that it is dependent on the "Autoupdate Manager Document Title" setting, then please provide more details about what actions you took so that I can investigate further. Thank you.
              YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
              YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
              Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.