We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 805 Posts
    Dear all.

Just to let you know that YAMS 1.1.9 has now been released, and incorporates several bug fixes. It’s been submitted to the MODx repository and no doubt it will appear there shortly. Until then, you can download it from my server using the link in my signature.

In addition, I have also updated the online documentation and included a new page describing the various YAMS language settings and new page describing the various options for configuring YAMS. This supersedes the documentation embedded in the YAMS Module interface. Future versions of the YAMS interface will simply link to the online documentation.

Finally, for those that are interested, I have added three new placeholders to my development version of YAMS: [tt](yams_multi)[/tt] and [tt](yams_mono)[/tt], which output 1 or 0 depending on whether the page is multilingual or monolingual, and [tt](yams_type)[/tt] which similarly outputs [tt]multi[/tt] or [tt]mono[/tt]. These can be used (in combination with PHx for example) to filter content based on document type. So, for example, if you don’t want monolingual documents to appear across all languages in Wayfinder output, these placeholders could help you exclude the unwanted menulinks. To get these updates you’ll have to grab my development version of YAMS via SVN. There are some instructions for linux users.

Cheers.
      YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
      YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
      Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.