We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 190 Posts
    Hi!

After having used YAMS for a while, I noticed that the dropdown below the tinyMCE textarea has disappeared (the dropdown where you choose between using tinyMCE or HTML for input). I reinstalled tinyMCE, but this didn’t solve the problem. After some research I found out that it’s caused by this Managermanager rule:
    require( $modx->config['base_path'] . 'assets/modules/yams/yams.mm_rules.inc.php' ); 

If I remove it, the dropdown returns. But of course then the Manager is less usable. I wonder if there’s a way to fix this? And whether others have this problem as well? I’m using YAMS 1.1.7 alpha RC7 and MODx 1.0.3. Thanks!
      Thanks for MODx - I love it!
      • 805 Posts
      PaulSuckling Reply #2, 14 years ago
      Only the standard (document variable) content field has the drop-down attached to it. Depending on how you have configured YAMS (Look at Modules>YAMS>Other Params>...) that field is normally hidden. YAMS uses a ManagerManager to do this, which hides drop-down too.

The multilingual content fields are a bit different. They are "Rich Text" template variables. So, if you want to turn off the RTE on a document by document basis you can simply edit a document, de-select "Rich Text" in the document settings and save. If you want to switch off the RTE for multilingual content fields across all documents, you can edit the template variables (content_en, content_...) and change their type to TextArea.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 190 Posts
        Thanks for your quick reply!
        I understand I can switch off RTE completely for the multilingual text fields. However, I like using tinyMCE with the dropdown for quickly checking and fixing tinyMCE’s html output, which is normally pretty good, except when it’s not. wink
        So basically you’re saying the dropdown is only available for the standard content field and nowhere else, right? I guess we can live with that (I’m still a fan of YAMS!). BUT still I’d like to submit a feature request for this. So here you go. cool
          • 805 Posts
          PaulSuckling Reply #4, 14 years ago
          I understand what you’re saying. However, this is something that would have to be added to the MODx core. It would not be easy to add it to YAMS. Your best bet is to submit a feature request to JIRA, the MODx bug tracker, for a new type of template variable, "RichText with editor-select dropdown".

Good luck!
            YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
            YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
            • 190 Posts
            I see. I didn’t realise it would be this hard. I’ll think about submitting it to Jira, but it probably isn’t worth creating a new type of tv for. I might be the only one to use it wink