We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 190 Posts
    Hi!

In the ’YAMS-latest’ topic this line:
    Autogenerate aliases on doc save if alias is blank
    is striked through, as if this has already been implemented. However, this doesn’t seem to be the case in the site I’m working on. Or am I misunderstanding something?

I’m using YAMS 1.1.7 alpha RC7 with 4 active languages, in root name mode with unique Multilingual Aliases. Right now this means that for every page the editor needs to fill in a separate alias for each language. If (s)he doesn’t, the alias field for that language stays blank and the page won’t be available.
    When not using YAMS, MODx would in that case generate the alias itself from the pagetitle. Can YAMS do this, too? And if yes, well, it isn’t working for me. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks for MODx - I love it!
      • 805 Posts
      PaulSuckling Reply #2, 14 years ago
      I’ve tried with YAMS 1.1.7 alpha RC7 and MODx 1.0.3 and it works for me, so it is probably a configuration issue. First of all please can you verify that Tools>Configuration>Friendly URLS>Use FriendlyURLs is set to yes and that "Automatically generate URL alias" is also set to yes? If that’s the case, but it still isn’t working, then please check that the YAMS Plugin is associated with the "OnBeforeDocFormSave" event. If so, but it’s still not working, then please check the plugin execution order. Perhaps another event it being fired before YAMS that is terminating the event rather than passing it on to YAMS or something like that. I’d be surprised if it was still not working. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it is simple configuration problem. Let me know how it goes. Cheers.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 190 Posts
        Yay! laugh Thanks very much! Apparently I had checked "OnBeforeDocFormDelete" instead of "OnBeforeDocFormSave".
        It works now. YAMS is amazing, it works much better than the homemade multilanguage solution I used before. Thanks!
          Thanks for MODx - I love it!