We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    I’ve installed the latest version os YAMS 1.1.7 on Modx 1.03 and on some pages I get the following behavior. I click on the menu to get to a certain page and get a blank page with absolutly no output and no error in the manager. I hit reload and the page loads fine and still loads if I click the same link and get back to it later. The site was working 100% before instaling YAMS. The two pages that often get this both contain snippets calls but to different snippets. One has an eform call and the other page has a custom snippet.

I think it probably has to do with some kind of caching problem but have no idea where to look. An idea on where to beging with the debugging would be greatly appreciated. I’ve seen the problem in both Firefox and Chrome so I don’t think it has to do with the browser.

The server is running PHP Version 5.2.9

Thanks
      Hexagone3internet -  marketing - advertisinghexacontact.comEmail marketing service
      • 805 Posts
      Lets focus on the page with eform, since I can try that out and try to reproduce the problem in order to debug it.

Please can you provide the eform snippet call you are using?
      Are you using PHx?
      Is the eform snippet call in the document template or in the multilingual content fields?
      Is the document cacheable or uncacheable?

Thanks.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 27 Posts
        To answer a few of your questions. No PHx is not installed

Here is the Snippet that is called on this page. It is called on the page and not in the template.

[!eForm? &formid=`ContactForm`&ccsender=`1` &subject=`New Order` &to=`[email protected]` &replyto=`email` &tpl=`OrderForm` &report=`OrderFormReport`
        &allowhtml=`1` &protectSubmit=`0` !]

The page is called Cached if I try to change it to uncached the page doesn’t load at all.

I’ve tested disabling YAMS and the problem disappears, I’ve ruled out the shopping cart that appears on all pages by disabling it.
          Hexagone3internet -  marketing - advertisinghexacontact.comEmail marketing service
          • 805 Posts
          Please try using one set of templates per language, for example;
          [tt]&tpl=`OrderForm_(yams_id)`[/tt]
          and giving each language variant a different formid;
          [tt]&formid=`ContactForm_(yams_id)`[/tt]
          as discussed in the YAMS+eForm Documentation.

Within the contact form template for each language you’ll have to specify the correct form id. So, for English templates you might have...
          [tt]<form id="contactForm_en" method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]">
          ... and perhaps
          <input class="hidden" type="hidden" name="formid" value="contactForm_en" />
          </form>[/tt]
          Having one template per language will give you the opportunity to have language dependent form labels.

This should work. If it doesn’t then please get back to me. Cheers.
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
            • 27 Posts
            The page now seems to work without any problems. I was already calling differnet templates manually but the conflicting ID in the form may have causes the problems. But unfortunately my other page is still causing the the same problem. It has a version of the Maketable snippet. Each language calls it own version of the snippet as follows

[!Maketable_(yams_id)!]

[+sitelistTable_(yams_id)+]

How you have an idea of where I could look to debug.

Thanks
            Martin
              • 805 Posts
              Hi Hexagone. Sorry but I didn’t find time to look into this today. I’ve never used the MakeTable snippet before, so I’ll probably have to install it and take a look at the code to see what might be causing the problem. Hopefully I’ll have time to do that tomorrow evening. Else it will be Friday or the weekend I’m afraid. Cheers.
              • This appeared to be the solution, but for some reason I've got a new installation using YAMS 1.1.9 and eForm that is giving the intermittent blank page that shows on refresh; when validating with the W3C validator it reports occasional 500 server errors, but not every time.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • Further searching of the forums found mention of the same problem if using an external function for one of eForm's events; the function in the snippet has to be enclosed in if(!function_exists(...)) { ... }. That seems to have solved my problem; at least so far I haven't been able to get any more blank contact pages.
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org