We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    I am new to YAMS so far great. but i have been trying to display the navigation tree for each language in the footer using ditto

[!Ditto? &startID=`0` &display=`all` &tpl=`ditto_footer_menu` &id=`es` &language=`spanish` &sortBy=`menuindex`&sortDir=`ASC` &extenders=`@FILE assets/modules/yams/yams.extender.inc.php` !]

i thought by using &id=`es` it would force ditto to get the id and pagetitle from the spanish menu, but it works the same as &id=`(yams_id)`giving the ditto list of pagetitle’s of which ever language the user is currently viewing.

does anyone know of a way using ditto or wayfinder to display menu or list of each language on the same page irrelevant of which language the user is viewing?
      • 805 Posts
      Hi Benny.

I’m not entirely clear what you are trying to do. Are you saying that you would like to repeat the navigation menu in *all* languages at the bottom of each page?

If so, you’ll need to use [tt][[YAMS? &get=`repeat` &repeattpl=`repeat_chunk` ]][/tt] where [tt]repeat_chunk[/tt] is the name of a chunk containing the wayfinder or ditto call that you want to repeat in multiple languages. See http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/ADDON/YAMS+Snippet

Assuming that the navigation tree is not going to be changing very frequently it should be fine and more efficient to use an cacheable snippet call.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.