We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 156 Posts
    Hi all.

I’m using YAMS, so I hope that I posted this in the right section (btw I think it’s a MODx core problem).
    I’m italian, so I have a few page title with apostrophes.

When I wrote them in Title field, I got no problems.

Now I installed YAMS, and I’m converting my site to a bilingual one.

So, I put "Dopo l’Unità d’Italia" in the title_it field (this is a TV).

I get the following mysql error when hitting the Save button:

SQL: INSERT INTO `modx`.`modx_site_content` (introtext,content, pagetitle, longtitle, type, description, alias, link_attributes, isfolder, richtext, published, parent, template, menuindex, searchable, cacheable, createdby, createdon, editedby, editedon, publishedby, publishedon, pub_date, unpub_date, contentType, content_dispo, donthit, menutitle, hidemenu) VALUES('','', 'Dopo l'Unità d'Italia', '', 'document', '', '', '', '0', '1', '1', '53', '10', '2', '1', '0', '1', 1263393988, '1', 1263393988, 1, 1263393988, '1263393890', '0', 'text/html', '0', '0', '', '0')

Do I need to file it in JIRA?

Cheers,

Roberto
    • The error shows that the regular pagetitle field of the document is being set to "Dopo l’Unità d’Italia", i.e. the error is not coming from the TV.
      So before you file a Jira ticket, the error just might not be in the MODx core.
      I don’t know how YAMS works though so I can’t really help track the error down.
        Mike Schell
        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
        Email: [email protected]
        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
        Twitter: @mkschell
        • 156 Posts
        hmm you’re right, I didn’t notice it.

So I posted in the wrong place...

YAMS autoupdates Title with the title_it...

I’ll link this post to PMS, or can anyone move this thread to the YAMS section?

Thanks,

Roberto
          • 805 Posts
          After some investigation I can confirm that this is a YAMS bug. I’ll post the fix on the YAMS forums.

EDIT: I have added the problem and fix to the list of known bugs in the current YAMS here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,43846.msg261433.html#msg261433

This fix will be included in the next version of YAMS.
            YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
            YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
            • 156 Posts
            thank you smiley