We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 56 Posts
    I just got started with YAMS. Unfortunately, I can’t get server name mode running. In YAMS->Language Settings I have two languages defined: en and de.

The site starts out from a monolingual site at www.mysite.com. There are also other domains like www.mysite.net or www.mysite.org pointing to the same place. My .htaccess file makes sure that they all get redirected (301) to www.mysite.com to be SEO strict.

Now, I would like www.mysite.de together with YAMS to access German content. I started of by defining "server name" as "www.mysite.de" for language de and "www.mysite.com" for language en. "root name" is empty for both. However, the "site URL" displayed below in both cases is "www.mysite.com" and consequently YAMS states at the top:

Language dependent server name mode is currently OFF. To enable this mode you need to specify a monolingual server name and a multilingual server name for each active language.

No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get this working. Could it be that the server mode only works with hosts like "en.mysite.com" and "de.mysite.com" but not with "www.mysite.de"?

Any help?
    Cheers and merry Christmas!
      • 56 Posts
      Apparently http://www.st-artgallery.nl does use YAMS in server name mode the same way I would like to do it. So it should be possible...
        • 56 Posts
        solved: apparently, I need to enter a special domain name for monolingual documents as well. So for two languages, you need three server names. Not very handy, especially if one language is the default language - so why use a third domain name? But solved.
          • 805 Posts
          Hi kongo09.

Sorry for taking such a long time to get back to you. Which version are you using?

YAMS was amended to allow the monolingual URL to coincide with one of the multilingual URLs at Version 1.1.5 alpha RC1. I suggest upgrading to the latest version: YAMS 1.1.7 alpha RC7.

I hope to get around to submitting a new official version of YAMS to the MODx repository some time early in the new year (after I have moved house!)
            YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
            YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.