We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    I begin translation file assets\modules\yams\lang\english-british.inc.php into russian-UTF8.inc.php

and find that content doubles in

assets\modules\yams\tpl\yams\module\*.tpl

and i can’t find how switch admin interface for my file.

Main question is - what files I must translate? smiley
      • 805 Posts
      Hi Mikhail.

First of all, thanks for your efforts. The

assets\modules\yams\tpl\yams\module\*.tpl

and

assets\modules\yams\lang\*.php

files were the start of an attempt by me to re-write the whole module interface using a templating approach so that it can be easily translated. However, I ended up making multilingual aliases and performance improvements a higher priority and I never got around to finishing this off. Currently those files are not used by YAMS at all and they are not finalised.

So, currently the only way of translating the module interface into Russian is to edit yams.module.inc.php directly. That’s not very satisfactory though - because you would have to merge any changes I make to the module interface into your Russian version.

I realise that having a multilingual solution that doesn’t itself have multilingual interface is a bit poor. I am in the process of updating the documentation so that I can release a new beta. Once that is done I will make implementing a translatable module interface a priority.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 8 Posts
        Well... and if I now finish translate russian-UTF8.inc.php,
        what easy for You - insert this file in future as is, or I now drag text into yams.module.inc.php.
        And You parse original and my file for something else...