We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,024 Posts
    Hi all,

i read a lot about tabifying the different languages. I am using YAMS Version: 1.1.7 alpha RC7,EVO 1.02, Manager manager 0.3.5. This is in the config field of manager manager

&config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text; &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);remote (google code) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text; &$config_chunk = 'mm_rules';;

And this is in the mm_rules chunk

require( $modx->config['base_path'] . 'assets/modules/yams/yams.mm_rules.inc.php' );

I also am wondering how to use flags for language selection. Sorry if I read over a possible threads with a solution, but modx search does not seem to function in the forum,

thamks, Frank.
      • 805 Posts
      Hi @Frank

Quote from: Frank at Nov 17, 2009, 02:11 PM

&config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text; &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);remote (google code) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text; &$config_chunk = 'mm_rules';;

That doesn’t look right. Please try this:
      &config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text;mm_rules &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);local (assets/js) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text;

YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 805 Posts

I also am wondering how to use flags for language selection. Sorry if I read over a possible threads with a solution, but modx search does not seem to function in the forum,
        I replied in a new thread.
          Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
          • 1,024 Posts
          Quote from: PMS at Nov 18, 2009, 01:42 AM

Hi @Frank

That doesn’t look right. Please try this:
          &config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text;mm_rules &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);local (assets/js) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text;

Hi,

I get an error ManagerManager an error has occured: TypeError-"this.tab" is null or not an object. ?

thanks, Frank.
            • 805 Posts
            Sorry Frank. I don’t know what’s going on there. I have never seen that before. I presume that the message goes away when you comment out or remove the require line from the mm_rules chunk? Do you have any other rules in your mm_rules chunk?
              • 1,024 Posts
              Hi PM,

because limited internet access, a quick answer. All is okay now.
              Error disappaered after eciting the managermanager config adjustement to this:

&config_chunk=Configuration Chunk;text;mm_rules &remove_deprecated_tv_types_pref=Remove deprecated TV types;list;yes,no;yes &which_jquery=jQuery source;list;local (assets/js),remote (google code),manual url (specify below);remote (google code) &js_src_type=jQuery URL override;text;

Because of the short period of access to the www, I did not verify the diff, but wanted to send this asap. Might loose connection even before sending,

thanks, Frank
                • 805 Posts
                Okay great, thanks for letting us know.

It looks like you got it to work by using the Google hosted version of jquery instead of your local version. Before delivering a site or making a site go live I would recommend getting the latest version of jquery, storing it locally, and altering your MM configuration to use it. That way your site wont suddenly break if the Google hosted version temporarily becomes unavailable or is updated. I have occasionally found that the Google hosted version is slow to download and this can affect performance of the manager interface.