We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 375 Posts
    Hello,

I’m trying YAMS for the first time. Building a new site from scratch with MODx 1.0.2 and the latest alpha version of YAMS.

After installing it, I only get empty pages (meaning empty, not a single char is sent from the server, at least not in the body of the answer, can’t see the header) on "preview resource". As soon as I deactivate the YAMS plugin, I get my content exactly as I expect to.

I think, I have all done correctly.

Martin
      • 805 Posts
      Sorry for the delay in replying. So, it looks like there is a problem with the plugin installation.

Please can you paste your plugin text here so that I can check it? Perhaps you have included PHP tags <?php .. when they are not required? Or perhaps the require is not finding or not being able to read the assets/modules/yams/yams.plugin.inc.php file?

Please can you also check your Reports > System Events log to see if there are any YAMS related errors described there?

Cheers.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 375 Posts
        Hi!

The plugin is "YAMS"
        require( $modx->config['base_path'] . 'assets/modules/yams/yams.plugin.inc.php');

The systems events log is empty. The file ’assets/modules/yams/yams.plugin.inc.php’ is online (shouldn’t MODx throw an error, if it was not online?

Oops, I forgot to mention one (probably) important thing: The site is stored in a subsirectory of the server. But it is correctly configured. User friendly alias paths are working correctly, even in YAMS config I have specified the subdir. Maybe I should try the older beat instead of the latest alpha version?

Greetings
        Martin
          • 48 Posts
          Confirm. After clear new installation on localhost modx Evo 1.0.2 and YAMS 1.0.5 I got clear pages on demosite.

Also AjaxSearch in ajax mode doesn’t work properly (doesn’t work at all). May be in the same reason as pages are not shown.
            • 805 Posts
            Quote from: Fil at Nov 16, 2009, 11:30 AM

Confirm. After clear new installation on localhost modx Evo 1.0.2 and YAMS 1.0.5 I got clear pages on demosite.

Also AjaxSearch in ajax mode doesn’t work properly (doesn’t work at all). May be in the same reason as pages are not shown.
            @Fil DOrc.

YAMS 1.0.5 will only work with versions of MODx up to Evolution-1.0.0-rc2. If you want to use MODx Evo 1.0.2 then you will have to use the latest alpha version.
              Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
              • 805 Posts
              Quote from: FuryDE at Nov 16, 2009, 11:06 AM

Oops, I forgot to mention one (probably) important thing: The site is stored in a subsirectory of the server. But it is correctly configured. User friendly alias paths are working correctly, even in YAMS config I have specified the subdir. Maybe I should try the older beat instead of the latest alpha version?
              Hi Martin.

The latest alpha is definitely the one to use, not the old beta. The subdirectory shouldn’t be a problem either. I have local install of

• MODx Evo 1.0.2 in a subdirectory with default demo site, plus
              • YAMS 1.1.7 alpha RC7
              working. Perhaps you forgot to update your .htaccess file to include
              RewriteBase /sub/directory/

? That would normally give rise to 404 not found. Perhaps your server is returning a blank page with the 404 not found?

I only know of one bug in the latest alpha version, but that only affects display of the correct page when using unique multilingual aliases. It shouldn’t give rise to a blank page.

If you keep having problems and your site is not a local install, then you can send me a personal message with some login details and I’ll have a look to see if I can spot anything.

• 375 Posts
                I actually had the 404 error before I updated the .htaccess file. But after I set it properly, I only got the empty pages.

I will set up a different MODx installation this morning. MODx 1.0.2 fresh install on a different server of a different hoster. I’ll keep you informed. Maybe I’m gonna find my mistake this way.

Martin
                  • 1 Posts
                  Is this a problem with all documents?

I used to have blank pages only for documents which had been created before YAMS was installed. However, after simply opening these documents in the editor and saving them again, this problem was gone.
                    • 375 Posts
                    Quote from: Geschi at Nov 17, 2009, 05:44 PM

Is this a problem with all documents?

I used to have blank pages only for documents which had been created before YAMS was installed. However, after simply opening these documents in the editor and saving them again, this problem was gone.
                    Hello.

Yes, it is a problem with all pages. Even when I re-open a document and save it, this does change nothing.

I am not finished yet with my second YAMS site. I wonder how it will be there.

• 48 Posts
                      Quote from: PMS at Nov 16, 2009, 11:52 PM

@Fil DOrc.

YAMS 1.0.5 will only work with versions of MODx up to Evolution-1.0.0-rc2. If you want to use MODx Evo 1.0.2 then you will have to use the latest alpha version.

THX! Works fine!