We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 223 Posts
    Hello laugh

I have some custom TV’s that i would like to have displayed at the very top of my language tab in Manager, before "title" and "long title". When i try to use the "Edit the TV sort order" option under my template, and place them up top, nothing happens. My TV’s are still displayed at the bottom.

Can i accomplish this somehow, do i need to edit any yam files?

Thanks!
    - Norlins
      • 805 Posts
      The YAMS MM rules are designed to replicate the standard document layout. So, they place the multilingual equivalents of the standard document template variables at the top of the page. If you want to override this then I think you’ll have to edit the yams.mm_rules.inc.php file. The simplest way is probably to attach the names of the custom tvs to the front of the $tvString variable that is passed to the mm_moveFieldsToTab function on line 141. So, assuming your tvs have the format mycustomtv_langId, then on line 140 you could do something like:
      $tvString = 'mycustomtv_' . $langId . ',' . $tvString;

YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 223 Posts
        Quote from: PMS at Oct 31, 2009, 11:49 PM

The YAMS MM rules are designed to replicate the standard document layout. So, they place the multilingual equivalents of the standard document template variables at the top of the page. If you want to override this then I think you’ll have to edit the yams.mm_rules.inc.php file. The simplest way is probably to attach the names of the custom tvs to the front of the $tvString variable that is passed to the mm_moveFieldsToTab function on line 141. So, assuming your tvs have the format mycustomtv_langId, then on line 140 you could do something like:
        $tvString = 'mycustomtv_' . $langId . ',' . $tvString;

That did the trick!!

Thanks again PMS smiley)