We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 241 Posts
    Hey all,

i’ve been trying to figure this out for awhile and finally chased it down to the rules file.
    At first i thought it was the problem with ManagerManager but it’s working flawlessly in the absence of the YAMS mm_rules file. The moment i add
    require( $modx->config['base_path'] . 'assets/modules/yams/yams.mm_rules.inc.php' );
    to the mm_rules.inc.php file the back end breaks. When i say breaks i mean the top part of the resource page is invisible (see attachement) The data is there in the source but i can’t see it. Looks like some kind of css issue but i’m at a loss of there to fix it.

I’m using the ManagerManager rules file that came with YAMS without any modifications.

Has anybody seen this problem?
      • 805 Posts
      @outre99

I haven’t tried using a file for configuring MM with YAMS rules before. Please can you try placing the YAMS MM configuration in a chunk instead to see if that makes a difference? (You’ll need to update the configuration of your MM plugin accordingly.)

In the meantime I’ll put file based MM configuration on my list of things to test this afternoon.

PMS
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 241 Posts
        Hi PMS,
        i tried with the chunk but the same problem continues. Very strange.
        The top of the page is invisible.

I’m trying to think of everything unusual in my setup:

1. Currently the project is on my dev box in a subfolder under the web server: id http://devdomain/project/htdocs
        2. jQuery is stored locally in the folder mentioned in the previous post.

I’d like to use MM in concert with YAMS.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

With thanks,

outre99
          • 805 Posts
          The problem described in this post causes a blank zone at the top of the page as you have been describing. Please can you try the workaround suggested there: Replace line 1594 of your manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php file by
          if (!function_exists( 'getSVNRev' ) & !function_exists( 'getSVNDate' ) ) {
            include $this->config["base_path"] . "manager/includes/version.inc.php";
          }

This worked for me. It looks like there are some other MM 0.3.5 gremlins to resolve in the YAMS MM rules, but I’m on the case. Keep an eye on the YAMS forums posts for updates.
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
            • 241 Posts
            Thank you for the pointer.

That fixed the MM blank problem and the language tabs are coming up now. But they are empty. All of the TVs are still listed on the first tab. I changed the layout settings a few times back and forth. When i specify "list" tabs go away. When i specify "tabify" tabs come back but TVs stay in the same place regardless.
            Have you seen this behavior?

Thanks for the help.
              • 805 Posts
              No. I’ve not seen that behaviour before. I know that there is a bug in MM 0.3.5 (the version that comes installed with Evo 1.0.1) that means that the standard content field doesn’t get hidden - which makes it appear under on each language tab. There’s a patch for that bug available. I made a fresh install of Evo 1.0.1 today and applied the patches for the blank zone and for hiding the content field. Tabification of multilingual template variables is working fine for me.

Since you are using file based MM rules, have you remembered to delete ’mm_demo_rules’ from the ’Configuration Chunk’ setting on the ManagerManager plugin configuration tab?
                • 241 Posts
                Yes, i’ve gotten rid of the chunk setting.
                Very strange. Well i’m under the deadline tonight to deliver the site. If you’d like i can send you a login for the backend. Maybe a fresh set of eyes will catch something obvious.
                I hope.
                  • 805 Posts
                  Please send me a personal message with the login details. I’ll try to take a look this afternoon or evening.
                  • Quote from: PMS at Oct 31, 2009, 11:40 PM

The problem described in this post causes a blank zone at the top of the page as you have been describing. Please can you try the workaround suggested there: Replace line 1594 of your manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php file by
                    if (!function_exists( 'getSVNRev' ) & !function_exists( 'getSVNDate' ) ) {
                      include $this->config["base_path"] . "manager/includes/version.inc.php";
                    }

This worked for me. It looks like there are some other MM 0.3.5 gremlins to resolve in the YAMS MM rules, but I’m on the case. Keep an eye on the YAMS forums posts for updates.

Don’t you think you need to get this into JIRA? It’s just a pity if the update always overwrite this.
                      Rico
                      Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
                      MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
                      • 241 Posts
                      The problem was with the old version of YAMS. Upgrading to the latest version solved all issues.

Quick and simple.