We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 353 Posts
    Just a quick notice regarding YAMS+EVO1.0.1+MM0.3.5

Yesterday I setup a virgin MODx v1.0.1 install (this one comes along with managermanager v0.3.5). Then I installed the latest yams (1.1.7 alpha RC7). From the front side, I can’t see a problem. Everything is workung as expected. Especially the multilingual URLs come out very neat!

Yet there is problem regarding the integration with the included managermanager version. If I tell managermanager to look for the mm_rules snippet, then managermanager crashes terribly. The upperpart is totally messed up an in the last line I got an error message.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getsvnrev() (previously declared in /var/www/web331/html/lab01/manager/includes/version.inc.php:4) in /var/www/web331/html/lab01/manager/includes/version.inc.php on line 7

I’m not sure whether this is a YAMS problem, but it can be fixed quite easily

As a quick fix, I have hunted down all instances of

include ... version.inc.php

There is one in manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php, line1594, that seems to be responsible for this behaviour.

Exchange this:

include $this->config["base_path"] . "manager/includes/version.inc.php";

with

if (!function_exists( 'getSVNRev' ) ) {
    }

Update: Please see Version number two below

This will get rid of the problem.

Update. It’s sufficient to modify above file. Changing login.processor.php and index.php is completely unnecessary and potentially harmful. Just forget about it.

That’s it!

Have fun,

pepebe

Note: This isn’t really a permanent solution. version.inc.php also includes function getSVNDate(). Ruling that version.inc.php is only included if function getSVNRev() wasn’t declared before this might cause other problems...

I really should catch some sleep, before I write down stupid stuff like this. Use

if (!function_exists( 'getSVNRev' ) & !function_exists( 'getSVNDate()' ) ) {
            }

instead and everything should be fine...

P.S. I didn’t have the time to find out why this happended before. I wouldn’t mind somebody telling me...
      Homepage: pepebe.de | MODX snippets (and other stuff) at github: https://gist.github.com/pepebe
      • 353 Posts
      OK, this is much more difficult then I had first expected. After the tabs looked neat again, I was happy and went to bed.

Today I had a closer look at the tabs and I could identify the following problems:

Apart from LONGTITLE (langer Titel) the form labels are lacking headlines.

Also, when I save a ressource, I get an error message at the bottom of the frame:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for mm_renameField(), called in /var/www/web331/html/lab01/assets/plugins/managermanager/mm.inc.php(367) : eval()’d code on line 2 and defined in /var/www/web331/html/lab01/assets/plugins/managermanager/functions/fields.inc.php on line 11

Solved: There was a broken managermanager directive causing an error. MY FAULT!

I’m not sure about this, but this seems to be related to a problem copying the pagetitle to the ressource alias.

Still an open issue. Sometimes, without any apparent cause, managermanager fails to update the alias and writes down "unknown ressource" instead.

Regards,

pepebe
        Homepage: pepebe.de | MODX snippets (and other stuff) at github: https://gist.github.com/pepebe
        • 80 Posts
        Thanks pepebe,

That did the trick.
        i had the same problem.
        Maybe someone of the MODx team can tell us if it is the right thing to do... seems like resolving this issue this way will not last till the next update...
        huh
        • These functions in the version file should have never been added and will be removed in the next release, coming very soon.
            • 80 Posts
            Good news, thanks for your reply.