We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    I’ve ended up with snippets in my chunk to populate some fields on an update db eForm - I seem to be having inconsistent results wherever I try to use placeholders. The form values seem to work but a hidden "key" id (the id to update) doesn’t seem to be working. Just wondered if this is a known issue or more likely me doing something wrong!?
    • I think indeed eForm and PHx don’t get along so well. (No such issues in Revo with Formit and output filters though, the native version of PHx.)
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 129 Posts
        thanks Ryan, it turned out I needed to put the primary key into the update rather than in the posted $field values, seems to be working now

// Run the db update query
        		$dbQuery = $modx->db->update($dbTable, 'modx_table_name', "id=".$myid." AND userid=".$myuserid);

..just need to try format and validate a date of birth now from eform into the db and back for populating..
          • 129 Posts
          I do need to start using Revo, but I’m reluctant at the moment as I’m using quite a lot of addons. I’ve tried it out and it seems great!