We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 109 Posts
    Hi All,

I have had a discussion with Raymond, and he’s open to giving SMF forum integration with modX some priority. I’ve suggested that those interested "sponsor" the development.

I will kick off by offering US$150 to be paid to Raymond by Paypal on release. I’ve already had a PM with another member who should post here shortly.

Please list your in this thread (and a payment date), and add a running total to the bottom.

ricardosanx $150
    Brett the Man $50 [updated 23/1]
    Total $200

Please only add your name if you are serious and will make the payment - hate to have to name and shame smiley If you’d prefer to keep it loose, then just make a donation to the team using the donate button - as the purpose of sponsorship is create a specific monetary incentive.

Regards

Richard
    PS: Ryan/Moderator - can we make sponsorship proposals "Sticky" items? or find another way to hightlight. I know there are a number of threads relating to forums, but don’t want to post in all.
      • 361 Posts
      Brett (The Man Can!) $50

I just noticed how the avatars from the forum are being used in the development blog section. That’d be nice functionality to see as well!

Thanks Richard for organizing, and Raymond for prioritizing.
      -Brett
        Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
        • 7,075 Posts
        Quote from: The at Jan 20, 2006, 05:47 AM
        I just noticed how the avatars from the forum are being used in the development blog section. That’d be nice functionality to see as well!

Check http://modxcms.com/Snippet-Time.html grin
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 361 Posts
          Wow, development continues at a break-neck pace! I just discovered the whole date TV with the date formatter widget, too. Seriously, MODx is amazing. I don’t think there’s anything that can’t be done with it.

So, anybody else out there interested in the SMF integration want to put their money where their mouth is?

-Brett
            Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
            • 7,075 Posts
            Quote from: The at Jan 22, 2006, 01:43 AM
            Seriously, MODx is amazing. I don’t think there’s anything that can’t be done with it.

I very much agree with you on that note grin
            It has become my favorite CMS, now ahead of Textpattern...

About donation, as I said before right now I am launching my business, no extra cash but as soon as I start getting paid, I’ll put my money where my mouth is, no doubt !
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 205 Posts
              Well I would certainly like to see the SMF integration develop.

A donation of $50 can be provided but with a payment date not before 28th February 2006.

ricardosanx $150
              Brett the Man $50 [updated 23/1]
              Edge $50
              Total $250

Hope that helps

Edge

• 1,732 Posts
                Hi Everyone,

Just want to thank all those who have help to sponsor this module.

It’s in the final stages now and will be released within a few days. We just need a little more time to test before deploying it.

Stay tunned...
                  xWisdom
                  www.xwisdomhtml.com
                  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                  MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                  • 205 Posts
                  Cool, thanks for the update Raymond
                    • 122 Posts
                    Has this been completed? I don’t see it anywhere?

I’ll put myself down for $50 too! If it’s already been released I’ll still pay the $50 any way! Will pay at end of month when I get payment from a client!

grin
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      Were in final Quality Assurance testing now...