We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    Hi all,

Is it possible to have manager user to be set into web user group? So that the manager only be able to change a specific web user on a specific group?

When I’m thinking about the multi site capability, this is also the other thing that come up to my mind and need to be solved I believed.

I also see the needs to make the document manager to show the template only for the specific site, when we need to make MODx to be able to serve multiple site on the single installation of MODx system.

Is there anything else guys? I might start hacking into the backend system of MODx right now if it’s not supported yet.

Thanks
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
    • This will not be supported ever Wendy. Remember manager users and web users are going to be merged into one entity in an upcoming release. What you really need are roles defined for web users that would give one web user permission to manage web users in that group, a WebUserGroupManager role if you will. So if the user is in the proper group and has the role or permission to manage web users (in that group or globally), he would be presented with an admin interface. Same thing could be hacked for now using a custom Role and custom permission in the Role table... so only certain Manager users could manage web user groups...

It’d probably be better to hack it on the front-end, unless you need the web group managers to be manager users...and even then you could synchronize the two as needed
        • 1,495 Posts
        That’s so true. I’m looking forward for the future release then, but for now I’ll see what I can do with it.

Thanks Jason.
          Wendy Novianto
          • 1,495 Posts
          The question is, which user type that will be kept the same, and the other type will be meregd into it?

I’m thinking to bring the backend editor for webuser to the front end, but I’m kinda thinking to make it easier to be upgraded with the future release. I think it’s going to be hard, right?
            Wendy Novianto
          • I don’t think it will be that hard; will just require a user migration script smart enough to merge records of users found with the same username in both tables, giving preference to data from one or the other where both attributes can’t be kept, and bringing the unique data from each into the new merged user data structures.

So it doesn’t really matter which side you do it on, but personally, since these guys are managing web users, I’d probably put it on the front-end myself.