We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 277 Posts
    Hi all
    I have a bad problem getting PHx to work after moving to the life server. I always get this error. On my local Mamp Installation no problem.

Local installation. MODx 0.9.6.1p2, PHP 5.2.3, MySQL 5.0.41
    Life server: MODx 09.6.2, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.22

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error: 	include_once(asstes/plugins/phx/phx.parser.class.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory	 
      Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
      File: 	/var/www/vhosts/steck.ch/httpdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(745) : eval()'d code	 
      Line: 	17	 

Parser timing
      MySQL: 	0.0266 s	(7 Requests)
      PHP: 	0.0347 s	 
      Total: 	0.0613 s

I tried to update to MODx to 0.9.2 but still the same problem.

I’ve read this thread
    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,7522.msg155754.html#msg155754
    but my installation is OK.

I hope anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.
      • 107 Posts
      Hi, I just spotted this one:
      PHP error debug
        Error: 	include_once(asstes/plugins/phx/phx.parser.class.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory	 

Unless you have a very special installation that should be assets not asstes. I don’t know where that error comes from, but it should get you started.
        MODx snippet-glossary 101:
        Ditto = Content Lister -- Wayfinder == Menu Builder -- Jot = Comment Control
        • 277 Posts
        Hi Kleist - thanks

just changed it, doesn’t help! I really don’t know what else this could be.
          • 107 Posts
          Where did you change it?

Did you upload the phx-files to your new server? (It says the file doesn’t exist, do you have all relevant phx-files in assets/plugins/phx?)
            • 277 Posts
            well yes I do. I can access them via ftp without a problem. Guess I delete the whole account and start over.
              • 107 Posts
              That may be a bit drastic, it’s probably just a small error, and finding it will be a good learning experience. ;-)

You missed my question, where did you change asstes to assets?

And then another question, what it you Ressource Path set to in Tools -> Configuration ?
                • 277 Posts
                Hi Kleist

yes exactly. Ressource Path in Tools >Configuration. So far I have never had problems, and this issue is all new to me. the worst is I have already a couple of installations running on this specific server.

Will try again tomorrow.
                  • 107 Posts
                  Hmm there where some spelling errors in my last question. What I wanted to ask was:

What is your Ressource Path set to in Tools -> Configuration ? (My guess is this: assets/)

What happens if you set this to the absolute path instead? (Typically your DOCUMENT_ROOT in apache + assets/)
                    • 277 Posts
                    the way I see it is that 0.9.6.2 is taking the path itself it writes it above the entry fileds ressource path and ressource url. even if I type it into the fields and save it its not being taken.

Ok it gets even worse. in 0.961 it workes when I disable PHx in 0.962 Iget another DB error.
                    « MODx Parse Error »
                    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                    « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'sortOrder' at line 4 »
                          SQL: SELECT DISTINCT sc.id,sc.pagetitle,sc.introtext,sc.content,sc.published FROM `steck_steck`.`modx_site_content` sc LEFT JOIN `steck_steck`.`modx_document_groups` dg on dg.document = sc.id WHERE sc.id IN (55,94) AND sc.published=1 AND sc.deleted=0 AND (sc.privateweb=0) GROUP BY sc.id ORDER BY sc.createdon DESC, sc.id sortOrder
                          [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
                      MySQL: 	0.0068 s	(8 Requests)
                      PHP: 	0.0688 s	 
                      Total: 	0.0756 s	 

There is indeed something really strange going on here. Seems to have a problem with one of the TV’s as well now.

• 107 Posts
                      I’m not sure about this, but it could be an issue with a bad upload (of the MODx files). You could try to reupload it all and see if it changes anything.