We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    On a page set to cacheable, is there anyway to run phx uncached?

Using an example from the wiki:

[+phx:mo=`myWebgroup`:then=`I’m a member`:else=`I’m NOT a member`+]

If this page is cached after being viewed by a member, subsequent non-members hitting the page will see "I’m a member", unless I’m missing something.

Are there any tricks to getting around this? Am I missing something obvious? I’ve been searching the forums, but perhaps there just isn’t a way if the page is cached. Is my only alternative to call an uncached snippet to do the work?

The page has to be cached due to poor performance on the prod server, yet i’m using phx already.

Thanks for any help!
      • 1 Posts
      I second this question / request. This is precisely what I am trying to do as well.

Any suggestions?
      • The cache contains the output of page. so i think there is no way to do that.

if this checking is not in all pages and it is special check and you could have an uncached page, i suggest that redirect user to a REDIRECTOR page. this page is uncached and checks user if is a member send him to doc1 else doc2. this is ... way but only this solution is in mind undecided
          God loves me. 【ツ】

MODX.ir (Persian Support)

Boplo.ir/modx/ (Persian)
        • Quote from: daddylongleg at Feb 10, 2009, 01:36 AM

I second this question / request. This is precisely what I am trying to do as well.

Any suggestions?
          For now, you’ll have to wrap the logic and presentation in a non-cacheable snippet somehow. In Revolution 2.0+, you can use the non-cacheable token with all types of "Content Elements" (chunks, snippets, TV’s, etc.) and "Content Tags" (placeholders, links, etc.).