We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 375 Posts
    Hello, I’ve started my first website with 0.9.6.3 RC2. It is not my first MODx site, but the first with 0.9.6.3.

I’ve installed PHx 2.1.3 and want to output my Wayfinder menu with capitals. So I made an own rowTpl with [+wf.title:ucase+] as link text. But nothing is output. If I omit the :ucase, the unchanged document titles are output.

Is there a known ncompatibility?

Thanks
    Martin
      • 535 Posts
      hi, i don’t know about 0963 compatibilities but you can capitalize your menu with css.. .uppercase { text-transform: uppercase; } wink
        CTRL+SHIFT+U - Clear Cache
        CTRL+SHIFT+H - Hiding Heft Panel
        CTRL+SHIFT+N - Fast Create Resource
        CTRL+ALT+P - Preview Recource (in edit resorce window)
        CTRL+ALT+S - Save
        • 3,975 Posts
        I am unsure if Wayfinder outputs are compatible with PHx or similar. [+wf.xyz+] is only for Wayfinder as described somewhere.

Try to use [+pagetitle:ucase+] in the Wayfinder templates.

Though I prefer going with manu’s way and do it with css. Its faster and more efficient IMO.
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 375 Posts
          Quote from: manu at Nov 12, 2008, 03:04 PM

hi, i don’t know about 0963 compatibilities but you can capitalize your menu with css.. .uppercase { text-transform: uppercase; } wink
          Wow, that’s cool. I didn’t know this. Thank you.

@zi: working with [+pagetitle+] didn’t work for me: no output either. If I use [*pagetitle*] i get the title of the current page, but I expected that.

Martin
            • 49 Posts
            Anyone know if PHx 2.1.3 is compatable with 0.9.6.3 ?

It kinda works with what i’m doing but it’s far from 100%

[+phx:if=`[*id*]`:is=`3`:then=`{ {one} }`:else=`{ {two} }`+]

At all times in chrome it displayes { {two} } in MS IE it crashes when id=3 otherwise it the page displayes but dosent show either { {one} } or { {two} } .... most strange?
              • 1,390 Posts
              Quote from: unclespencer at Jan 11, 2009, 03:38 AM

[+phx:if=`[*id*]`:is=`3`:then=`{ {one} }`:else=`{ {two} }`+]

Seems you have white spaces between those curly braces - i.e. the } - the spaces shouldn’t be there. I reckon you copied and pasted directly from the PHx wiki? I’ve checked and can confirm that some of the code with double braces from the PHx wiki has those spaces. It seems it was entered that way in the wiki on purpose to avoid the wiki auto-formatting the {{ or something like that...

Anyway....

chunks should be referenced as:

{{chunk_name}} not { {chunk_name } } 

/k

• 49 Posts
                thanks for the suggestion but I’ve tried it with a number of combinations to see if i can get it to work ... and nothing ... which is why i wanted to check if anyone had been able to get it to work with 0.9.6.3?

[*PHx:if[*id*]:is=`4`:then=`1{{one}}` :else=`2{{two}}`*]
                [*PHx:if[*id*]:is=`4`:then=`1{ {one} }` :else=`2{ {two} }`*]
                [*PHx:if[*id*]:is=`4`:then=`1one` :else=`2two`*]

i’ve tested the component should be working via

[*pagetitle:ucase*]

any more suggestions
                  • 49 Posts
                  grin grin grin ... tried an exaperiment with this line, and it worked:

[+phx:if=`[!UltimateParent!]`:is=`3`:then=`DE`:else=`EN`+]

So i looked in more depth at my own test line and noticed a few syntax errors .. all corrected and seems to be working ... below are two versions of the code ... both now working in my environment

[+phx:if=`[*id*]`:is=`4`:then=`{{one}}`:else=`{{two}}`+]
                  [+phx:if=`[*id*]`:is=`4`:then=`one`:else=`two`+]

I would guess that PHx Version: 2.1.3 does work with MODx 0.9.6.3 ... or at least the basic functionality as above is working... just need to be very carfull to make sure the syntax is correct. laugh
                    • 1,390 Posts
                    Glad you got it working grin

/k