We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,205 Posts
    I am very interested in using PHx, seems like it can be a great help. However I have read in the past that it may not always play well with others (or actually other don’t play well with phx). In particular I remember eForms and PHx having some issues but I also remember seeing a few fixes for this.

My questions are; 1) besides eForm are there any other main snippets that do not play well? 2) will snippets that use eForm also have issues? For example FDM uses eForm to process its forms. 3) Any other concerns I may need to consider regarding PHx?

It seems that PHx should be part of the core snippets for ModX since it offers a great amount of freedom.

Thanks.

[font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
      Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
    • It is included in the core distribution (along with Jot), the modifiers/features are built-in to the 0.9.7 core, for any element, not just placeholders, and whatever conflicts there are have to do with components that circumvent the standard MODx parsing process. Since PHx also does this, it’s obvious why there are sometimes conflicts. The good news is, the more consistent parsing algorithm in 0.9.7 should relieve a lot of these conflicts.
        • 4,205 Posts
        It is included in the core distribution (along with Jot)...
        Does this mean that if I have Jot installed I also have PHx? Or that I can use PHx within Jot only?
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • Jot includes the PHx parser, so you don’t need to install it for Jot, but you may need to install it for other resources (no sure on this point).
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me