We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 285 Posts
    Hi. I’ve been having a little trouble getting Quickedit and PHx to work properly together. What I’m trying to do is take the output of a TV and wrap it in some HTML, if the TV isn’t empty. So, what I’ve done is:

[*secondContent:isnt:then=`<div class="divider">[*secondContent*]</div>`*]

Which works fine. However, I can’t get quickedit to work with it. Normally with a TV, I would write:

[*#secondContent*]

Which would work fine. But if I do the same with the PHx above, the quickedit doesn’t appear. I’ve tried adding the # at various points, but nothing makes a difference.

The obvious solution would be to add:

<quickedit:secondContent/>

However, this bug:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15450.0.html

means I can’t do it that way. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
      • 327 Posts
      Quickedit and PHX sometimes interfere if their events are executed in the wrong order. Have you tried swapping their order in Resources -> Plugins -> Plugin execution order -> OnWebPreRender ?
        Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
        • 285 Posts
        A good idea, but sadly doesn’t work. grin
          • 386 Posts
          Just wanted to add that I solved a similar clash by reordering the events so that PHx is executed *before* Quickedit, saving it, and then reordering again so that PHx is executed *after* Quickedit, then saving again. Finally, I cleared the cache. I don’t know why this works but it seems to.
            Snippets: GoogleMap | FileDetails | Related Plugin: SSL
            • 285 Posts
            Completely mysterious, and I’ve no idea how you worked it out, but thanks! laugh
              • 7,075 Posts
              Sorry to dig up that thread, but I have the same problem : PHx clashes with QuickEdit, changing event order and cleaning the cache didn’t cut it... any know fix by now ?
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id