We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 863 Posts
    I’m trying to load the parent’s longtitle for new documents created with template ’7’, using this line in the external mm_rules.inc.php file.

mm_inherit('longtitle', '', '7');

MM works fine for all of my other configurations but this seems to have no effect at all. I’ve tried different fields, roles and template combinations and same result.

Is anyone using it successfully?
    I’m also wondering if it will apply for existing documents of that template too (if they have no longtitle), or will they need to be resaved...?

I’m using the latest EVO and MM 0.3.6
      • 327 Posts
      Sorry for the late reply, but this seems to be a bug which occurs when you change the template while editing the document (it would inherit OK when a document was created with the affected template by default).

There’s a fix in 0.3.10 which allows it to work even when changing templates.
        Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
        • 863 Posts
        Yes, that seems to have been the case regarding changing templates and it now works with the latest release.

No problem about the late reply, many thanks for taking the time to comment!