We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    hello folks, me new here, care to help me out?

I’m trying to install this thing, I have Apache etc all set up and I’m following the instructions to install modX on my hard drive so I can get to grips with it, however when I create a folder for my testSite in my htdocs folder and copy the modX files into it then run the index.php in the install folder, I get the page rendering with all the php as text in teh page instead of working correctly. What am I messing up here? should I have all the modX stuff in the root htdocs folder, and if so, what happens to all XAMPP stuff that’s in there already?

apologies if this has been covered ad infinitum already :/
      • 4 Posts
      incidentaly, I’m on XP, running the XAMPP Apache stuff (obV), and the server is installed on my E drive, if that confuses modX (?)...
        • 4 Posts
        actualy nevermind

*whistles

*gets coat
          • 3,250 Posts
          Sorry, wish I could help but I know quat about setting up a Windows server...
            • 1,495 Posts
            Were you able to get it working?

It seems to me that your php environment is not setup properly, so the php script is not being parsed at all. Try to make a new php file named "info.php" and put this line of code in it.
            <?PHP phpinfo(); ?>

Store it to your local server and access it. If it gives you an informationo of your php server, then report back to this forum.

Sincerely,
              Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
              • 4 Posts
              it’s ok, I sorted it, mate smiley
                • 7,075 Posts
                Well if anyone wonders MODx is running with XAAMP on Windows "out of the box". There is no special setup to configure. The only thing you’ll need to do is edit httpd.conf to enable mod_rewrite, clean urls work allright I can testify to that smiley
                  .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id