We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 345 Posts
    I still can’t get ManagerManager to hide my content section in MODx 1.0.2. Nor will it create new tabs to put TV fields into?

Anyone else have this problem? I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or have something in conflict with jQuery. Looking at the code in the browser frame it looks like the sectionHeader and sectionBody are not getting any ID attached. Whether that has anything to do with it or not I don’t know.

This is what my configuration chunk currently looks like.

// PHP *is* allowed
    // $news_role and $news_tpl will not apply to demo content but are left as a demonstration of what can be done

// For everyone
    mm_default('pub_date');
    mm_renameField('introtext','Summary');
    mm_changeFieldHelp('alias', 'The URL that will be used to reach this resource. Only numbers, letters and hyphens can be used');
    mm_widget_tags('documentTags',' '); // Give blog tag editing capabilities to the 'documentTags (3)' TV
    mm_widget_showimagetvs(); // Always give a preview of Image TVs
    // mm_widget_colors('color', '#666666'); // make a color selector widget for the 'colour' TV

// For everyone except administrators
    mm_hideFields('link_attributes', '!1');
    mm_hideFields('loginName ', '!1');
    // mm_renameField('alias','URL alias','!1');

// Simplifying the product pages
    $prod_tpl = '7';
    mm_hideFields('link_attributes,is_folder,content,resource_type,content_dispo','','$prod_tpl');
    // mm_hideSections('content','','$prod_tpl');
    mm_createTab('Product Details','productdetails','$prod_tpl');
    mm_moveFieldsToTab('tvprodprice,tvprodsku,tvprodimage,tvprodmanual','productdetails','','$prod_tpl');

• 788 Posts
      Maybe try taking the quote marks (’ ’) from around the $prod_tpl entries like below, I have a 1.0.2 test version set up and it works ok.

// Simplifying the product pages
      $prod_tpl = '7';
      mm_hideFields('link_attributes,is_folder,content,resource_type,content_dispo','',$prod_tpl);
      mm_createTab('Product Details','productdetails',$prod_tpl);
      mm_moveFieldsToTab('tvprodprice,tvprodsku,tvprodimage,tvprodmanual','productdetails','',$prod_tpl);

xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
        • 345 Posts
        That seemed to work for hiding the content section, thanks.

But, are you also getting a new tab? I assume the tab is supposed to show up next to General, Settings, and Access permissions. However I’m not getting any new tabs and the TVs are still sitting down in their normal section.
          • 195 Posts
          In Evo 1.0.2 for me the moving of tvs works without prefixing them with "tv".
          So try to remove that...

Greetz
          JUSI
            • 137 Posts
            I also have the issue of being unable to hide the content section in 1.0.2

// Container template only (6)
            $container_tpl = '6';
            mm_hideSections('content', '', $container_tpl); 
            • Quote from: AntonL at Dec 01, 2009, 06:19 AM

I also have the issue of being unable to hide the content section in 1.0.2

$container_tpl = '6';
              mm_hideSections('content', '', $container_tpl); 

Try mm_hideFields instead of mm_hideSections
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 137 Posts
                I changed it as below but no luck.

$container_tpl = '6';
                mm_hideFields('content', '', $container_tpl);