We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 241 Posts
    Reposting. Not sure why my previous post about this issue has disappeared.

Got a very strange issue after installing MM 0.3.5 onto Evo 1.0.1. MM executes mm_renameTab and mm_changeFieldHelp without any problems, but completely ignores mm_hideFields and mm_renameField. I tried them on longtitle, description, and custom TVs. Nothing works.

I’m using minimized jQuery 1.3.2 in the default location assets/js. The server is CentOS 5, Apache 2, PHP 5.

Is anybody else seeing this behavior?
      • 3,975 Posts
      I havent tried 035 version myself yet, but I think this one uses TV IDs instead of names. May be this is the issue?
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • With a clean install of 1.0.1 which includes ManagerManager, I can’t reproduce this. Here’s the original post: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,41114.0.html
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 60 Posts
          Not sure if it’s related or not, but I am having a similar issue. I am able to hide almost all of the standard fields with the exception of content. I have tried it in various scenarios with no success.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,41241.0.html
            • 241 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Oct 19, 2009, 01:39 PM

With a clean install of 1.0.1 which includes ManagerManager, I can’t reproduce this. Here’s the original post: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,41114.0.html

Hey Ryan,

i’ve downloaded and setup the latest install 1.0.1. Everything is clean without any modifications.

Adding this rule " mm_renameField(’longtitle’, ’Page heading’); " to the blank mm_rules.inc.php does not change the label of the long title field. It is still labeled as "Long title" on all of the pages in the sample site.

This is very strange. Just to confirm my expectations: i expect this rule to change the label of the longtitle field on all documents in the site to ’Page heading’.

Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
              • 241 Posts
              Update. It works.

Still not sure what the original issue was, but the latest one is simple. The default configuration that comes with 1.0.1 is to use mm_rules chunk to define the rules. But i was specifying rules in the mm_rules.inc.php file. The non-existent chunk was overriding the file.
              Removing the chunk from the MM configuration solved that problem.

MM is the answer to the prayers of many of my clients since they have to delegate the content creation on their sites to their not-so-technical personnel. Hiding unnecessary fields is just what they need.

MODx shines once again.
                • 58 Posts
                Hi,

I’m using rules in a chunk called mm_rules. Rules work when applied to Fields but do not work when applied to Sections. For example:

mm_renameField(’introtext’,’Summary’); //Works

mm_hideFields(’pagetitle,menutitle,link_attributes,template,menuindex,description,show_in_menu,which_editor,is_folder,is_richtext,log,searchable,cacheable,clear_cache’, $news_role); //Works

but,

mm_renameSection(’content’,’Full story’); // Doesn’t work

mm_hideSections(’tvs’); // Doesn’t work

Any solutions gratefully received smiley

[Using Evo 1.0.1 and MM 0.3.5]