We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 805 Posts
    It has just been discovered on the YAMS forum that ManagerManager 0.3.4 wont move template variables of type "Listbox (multiselect)" to tabs using mm_moveFieldsToTab. It seems to work fine with tvs of other types however. (I haven’t tested them all.) For info, YAMS is referring to the template variables in the moveFieldsToTab call using names of the form: ’tv’ . $template_variable_name

Can this be looked into please? Thanks.
      YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
      YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
      Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
      • 805 Posts
      On further investigation, this is because MODx is referring to the multi-select as follows:
      <select id="tv82[]" name="tv82[]" ...

but ManagerManager is expecting
      <select id="tv82" name="tv82" ...

so the jquery selectors are not finding a match.

EDIT: And it can be fixed by adding the following at line 265 of fields.inc.php
                  if ( $fieldtype == 'select' )
                  {
                    $fieldname .= '[]';
                  }

Please could this bug fix be rolled into the next release? (It’s feasible that this same fix might need to be applied elsewhere in the ManagerManager code too, so please check.)

Cheers.
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 19 Posts
        @pms

Yeah, you’re the man!

Works like a charm.

Thanks...

QT
          • 327 Posts
          This is fixed in the latest version (0.3.5), although the fix is applied in mm.inc.php in order that it will apply across the whole plugin.
            Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
            • 805 Posts
            Quote from: ncrossland at Oct 09, 2009, 01:17 PM

This is fixed in the latest version (0.3.5), although the fix is applied in mm.inc.php in order that it will apply across the whole plugin.
            Thank you @ncrossland. ManagerManager is an excellent plugin by the way and YAMS wouldn’t be half as good without the tabbed document interface provided by it. ManagerManager is so useful for so many people that I’d vote for it to be made an option during the installation and upgrade of MODx in future.
              • 589 Posts
              Quote from: PMS at Oct 09, 2009, 01:44 PM

ManagerManager is so useful for so many people that I’d vote for it to be made an option during the installation and upgrade of MODx in future.

Hmmm, guess what’s in the latest Evo SVN branch... wink
                • 964 Posts
                +1 on that too...

A website using MODx, as we all know, has two parts to design.
                The front-end, what we normally design as a website and the
                back-end, which ManagerManager makes MODx shine as we can customize
                the manager to our hearts desire and make it an awesome selling point
                to our customers...
                  MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
                • ManagerManager will be inlcuded in MODx 1.0.1 released later this week.
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • I had this problem and the latest version, of course, corrects it.

However, I cannot move menuindex from the Content tab to any other tab. I often have no need for the Content tab and area for certain types of pages but still have need to move the Menu index around.
                      • 223 Posts
                      I think this problem has re-surfaced in 1.0.5

Anyone else experiencing this issue now?
                        Nick Hoag
                        Creative Partner
                        The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com