We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’m working on getting the tagging widget working with the demo content in Evo 1.0 which uses a space for the delimeter. The problems I’m seeing are twofold:

1) When using a call as follows:
    mm_widget_tags('tv3',' ','tv3','0'); // Give blog tag editing capabilities to the 'documentTags (3)' TV

I see the first tag gets a single space, the next tag gets 2, the next 4, the next 8 and so on (doubling each time) for the delimiter. This becomes problematic when you click several times and wind up with legacy spaces in the text field that push tags outside of the window and rapidly makes the tag text exceed the characters allowed.

2) When turning on the display count option:
    mm_widget_tags('tv3',' ','tv3',true);

It inserts the count as part of the tag, e.g., if clicking on mytag (1) it includes the tag usage count as part of the text field tag.

tag1 tag2 tag3 mytag (1)
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 327 Posts
      Does the change you recently checked in fix this?
        Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
      • Yes it fixed it Nick. Thanks for following up.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me