We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 356 Posts
    I’d like to suggest that all beta (non production server) resources not be listed in the resource directory or if anything list them on a separate list with a warning "this is for testing purposes only". What’s the point of listing a snippet, mod or chunk if it’s not to be used on a production server ? Yea I know its to test but shouldn’t that be someplace for developers not for Modx users. I think its better to keep the resource list updated with things we can use live ready to go. Save the testing resources for the madd modx scientists laugh
      SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
      http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350
      • 711 Posts
      It is in the pipe wink
        Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !
        • 1,495 Posts
        FYI, most of beta resources is being stated as beta in the forum topic itself. It’s adviseable to read through the the thread before using the resources. A better resources repository will be created soon.
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 372 Posts
          Quote from: bugsmi0 at Mar 22, 2006, 03:06 PM

Yea I know its to test but shouldn’t that be someplace for developers not for Modx users. I think its better to keep the resource list updated with things we can use live ready to go. Save the testing resources for the madd modx scientists laugh

I’m a MODx user and don’t mind running the beta stuff and testing things out, its one small way I can contribute back to those who take time to write them.

I would be dissapointed if that became a developer only option.
            [img]http://www.emanz.ac.nz/assets/images/logo/emanz-icon_16x16.gif[/img] Emergency Management Academy of New Zealand [br] http://www.emanz.ac.nz[br][br]MODx Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle [br]
            Admin Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle
            • 711 Posts
            Quote from: Briggsy at Mar 23, 2006, 08:45 PM

Don’t be anxious, it will not be for developer only smiley but stable releases and beta will be separated for better visibility.
              Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !
              • 1,495 Posts
              Quote from: Guillaume at Mar 23, 2006, 09:02 PM

Quote from: Briggsy at Mar 23, 2006, 08:45 PM

Don’t be anxious, it will not be for developer only smiley but stable releases and beta will be separated for better visibility.

Agree to this. By tagging the resources as beta, it doesn’t mean that we prohibit it from MODx end users, instead we want our users to test it out for us. Sometimes developers won’t be able to find the bugs itself, considering they know what the system does, so it’s hardly for them to make a mistake in using the resources.

Btw, users like you are the one who really helps the development in MODx. Without bug tester like you, we won’t be in our current state right now, don’t you agree with me? smiley
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media