We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 147 Posts
    hi !
    my url-rewriting is working properly, i’m using it with the "friendly alias path" option on, here are some of my website pages

/home.html
    /folder/article.html

when i am on the home.html page, the "home" link in the dropmenu links to /home.html so no problem,

but when i am on the "article.html" page, the same link no longer links to /home.html but to folder/home.html which do no not exists ...
    maybe it’s coming from my dropdown menu settings ? ( the only parameter i use is the depth of the menu ), or maybe i have to tweak my .htaccesss for the "friendly alias path" function to work properly huh

thanks
      i’m not a native english speaker, sorry if there are any mistakes ! smiley

Pikkitux.com Website about Ubuntu Linux, Website Creation, and many other how-tos, tips and tricks ... ( French Language, and of course Modx Powered ! )
      • 14 Posts
      I have no experience using the dropmenu, but to me it is sounding like you are using relative url’s. Is there a setting to use absolute url’s?
        Purple
        === Don’t forget to smile ===
      • You probably need to add a base href to your site header and it should all work.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 147 Posts
          thanks for helping me, but how do i do that ?

Pikkitux.com Website about Ubuntu Linux, Website Creation, and many other how-tos, tips and tricks ... ( French Language, and of course Modx Powered ! )
            • 7,075 Posts
            For reference, chucky’s original french post about this problem :
            http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2338.0.html

Chucky, you forgot to mention your host (OVH) is using a specific apache mod named mod_ort that changes the way mod_rewrite works tongue That could make things a little more complicated. See http://guides.ovh.com/HtaccessModRewrite/contenu.html about mod_ort (sorry, it’s in french).

Now, how do you add a base href to your site header ? Easy, just add :

<base href="[(site_url)]" />

in the header of your template (that is, between the <head> and </head> tags).

:)
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
              • 147 Posts
              thanks , it solved the problem !!!

bye

• 7,075 Posts
                Should have thought about it... I’ll update the french thread with Ryan’s solution smiley
                  .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id