We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    the problem for me was the new TagCompleter is called before jquery loads from my server, on firefox it happens after new TagCompleter, I had same problem in other sites which loaded jqGrid, that was a big js script, it takes some time to be downloaded and parsed executed from browser, it seems script onload happens after document.onload event, so I need to test when a particular script is loaded with

if (script.readyState)
    script.onreadystatechange = function(){
    if (script.readyState == "loaded" || script.readyState == "complete"){ ....

to wait jquery is loaded, after I can intantiate TagCompleter
      • 37 Posts
      I have just experienced this problem - possibly caused by the fact that I have MODx installed on a subdomain? It was working when I set the site up, but now errors.

I run MODx on my main domain - this is working fine.

I have a separate installation of MODx within a sub-domain, and this is throwing the "TagCompleter" error when I click on a resource.

MODx version 1.0.3, MM 0.3.8, JQuery 1.3.2

Do I need to somehow amend the htaccess file within my manager folder on the subdomain?
      • For those who find this thread and are still having the problem with old versions of MODx Evolution, here’s how I fixed it on one of my sites: I disabled the .htaccess file in the /manager/ folder. (Evo 1.0.3)
          WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area