We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 884 Posts
    I noticed when using undrscores or - in tv names MM don’t display that rule. am I alone on this one? is there a walkaround for this?
    • Quote from: sinbad at Feb 08, 2009, 06:08 AM

I noticed when using undrscores or - in tv names MM don’t display that rule. am I alone on this one? is there a walkaround for this?
      I believe this uses url encoding now in 0.9.6.3 to allow the use of TV names with additional special characters or spaces. Personally, I don’t like the solution and think it should be considered a bug. The name should not cause a problem at all, but it does because the current forms rely on the names to identify the TV values being posted.
        • 884 Posts
        interesting. Im using 0.9.3 and MM 0.3.2.1
        this is a big drawback for me as the site Im working on got lots of TVs named like that. I wonder if there is a fix for it or my only option is renaming TVs wherever they appear?
          • 2,204 Posts
          I have the same problem man I realy need this to be fixed can somone help out here maybe give me a direction to search for a fix?
          We use managermanager for multilingual sites that use the tvname_nl or tvname_en to determine the language (the snippets look for that in the tvname)

Please help out if somone knows how to fix this its no prblem to make it a dirty hack
          this site we work on must be released next week

Thanks Dimmy
            follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
          • Is it possible for managermanager to expect the TV names to be urlencoded? I have no idea how managermanager works personally, but it seems like this would not be that difficult to modify.
              • 884 Posts
              I have a 2 years old site with so many tv’s that I named with underscores or dashes and changing the names of all the tvs will probably break many things like my ditto templates and more.

but I found a workaround here:
              http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=217404;topic=35940.15;num_replies=33;sesc=d474440dcc0bb1ca9f58b08cbf4bfefb

basically I just had to replace all my underscores TVs with %5F and dashes with %2D in my mm_rules chunk.
              see the link for example usage.
                • 3,975 Posts
                sinabd, ur link is broken.

But its great that u found the solution.
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                  • 884 Posts
                  thank for letting me know. all these url encoding got me confused laugh

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,35940.msg217405.html#msg217405