We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello,

I can usually move TVs around to new tabs without any difficulty. For example, I’ve created and SEO tab and moved a number of TVs to it (I’m using the mm_rule.inc.php method as the mm_rules chunk doesn’t seem to function at all):

//SEO Tab
    mm_createTab('SEO', 'seo', '', '', '<p>Input keywords and a description for this page.</p><p>If the page content changes frequently or is very important, change sitemap fields appropriately.</p><p><strong>Note</strong>: Do not rank all your pages as important your SEO will suffer.</p><p> </p>', '100%');
    mm_moveFieldsToTab('tvseokeywords,tvseodescription,tvsitemap_changefreq,tvsitemap_exclude,tvsitemap_priority', 'seo');

However, when I attempt to move two TVs to a Quotation tab, the tab is create successfully, but the TVs do not move to it:

//Quotation Tab
    mm_createTab('Quotation', 'quote', '', '5', '<p>Enter the quotation and source for this page here.</p>', '100%');
    mm_moveFieldsToTab('quotation,quotationsource', 'quote');

All the other rules I’ve declared function as well. I’ve tried recreating the template variables and renaming them but to no avail. Using .9.6.3.
    Any ideas?
      • 589 Posts
      Quote from: rx2 at Jan 15, 2009, 09:22 PM

Any ideas?

Parameters are case-sensitive in MM? (seo <> SEO)
      • Quote from: Eol at Jan 15, 2009, 09:31 PM

Quote from: rx2 at Jan 15, 2009, 09:22 PM

Any ideas?

Parameters are case-sensitive in MM? (seo <> SEO)

Thanks but the seo statement does work and the name of the tab is, as far as I can tell, not the same as the id of the tab, in which both cases is lower case. Another post on this subject suggests the presence of underscores is a factor but this is not the case here either. It’s rather baffling but it’s got to be something simple.
          • 99 Posts
          It appears you forgot to prepend your field names with "tv" — it should be:
          mm_moveFieldsToTab('tvquotation,tvquotationsource', 'quote');

------
            Server: *nix, ModX Evo 1.0.4, Apache 2.x, PHP 5.x, Mysql 5.x.
          • Quote from: smg6511 at Jan 23, 2009, 06:34 PM

It appears you forgot to prepend your field names with "tv" — it should be:
            mm_moveFieldsToTab('tvquotation,tvquotationsource', 'quote');

Ah yes. This is why I come here. To make a fool of myself. I knew it was one of those obvious things.
            Thank you. Had to recreate one to get it to move over but other than that. Perfect.