We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 285 Posts
    Okay, so it’s possible to rename a section with mm_renameSection or to remove the whole section with mm_hideSections, but it would be really good to remove the entire section title.

For example, for my users, there’s absolutely no need for them to see the title ’Template Variables’ or any title there at all. As far as they are concerned, there is no difference in entering info in the ’Document Setting’ section and entering in the ’Template variables’ section, and it just confuses them.

I haven’t seen any way to do this so far, but it would be great for a future release if it’s not already possible.
      • 2,310 Posts
      It certainly is possible.
      Here are some rules I’m using :
      // Role Control
      // Role 2 = Editor
      mm_hideTabs('settings,meta,preview', '2', '');
      mm_hideFields('alias,menutitle,longtitle,link_attributes,introtext,parent', '2');
      mm_hideSections('access', '2', '');

// General Template Control
      // tpl 5 = Sitemap
      // tpl 4 = Generic
      // tpl 3 = Main
      // tpl 1 = Default
      // tpl 0 = Blank
      mm_hideSections('tvs', '2', '5,4,1');
      mm_hideTemplates('5,4,1', '2');
      mm_hideFields('content', '2', '0');
      mm_moveFieldsToTab('pub_date,unpub_date', 'general', '2', '0'); // Move the publication date field to the general tab for users with role "2"
      mm_renameSection('content', 'Specification details', '2', '3');

There are quite extensive docs in the ManagerManager folder to give you more ideas.
        • 285 Posts
        I’m not sure how that would work. Wouldn’t mm_hideSections hide all of the fields within the section? If so, that doesn’t help me, because I want to keep the fields (the template variables), but I just want to get rid of the heading ’Template Variables’ completely (rather than renaming it).

Or am I misunderstanding this?
          • 241 Posts
          If you use mm_moveFieldsToTab to move all your TV’s to the general tab, the "Template Variables" section header will disappear.
            • 285 Posts
            Quote from: bob1000 at Jan 19, 2009, 04:54 PM

If you use mm_moveFieldsToTab to move all your TV’s to the general tab, the "Template Variables" section header will disappear.
            Thank you. That’s great!
              • 24,544 Posts
              Quote from: PatrickSamphire at Jan 14, 2009, 04:14 PM

Okay, so it’s possible to rename a section with mm_renameSection or to remove the whole section with mm_hideSections, but it would be really good to remove the entire section title.

For example, for my users, there’s absolutely no need for them to see the title ’Template Variables’ or any title there at all. As far as they are concerned, there is no difference in entering info in the ’Document Setting’ section and entering in the ’Template variables’ section, and it just confuses them.

I haven’t seen any way to do this so far, but it would be great for a future release if it’s not already possible.

Sounds like a great idea. It could be a "System Setting." Could you file this on Jira via the "Bugs & Requests" link at the top of this page?
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting