We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 205 Posts
    I am using the drop menu with the following setting.
    [[DropMenu? &startDoc=`0` &levelLimit=`1` &hereClass=`current` &selfAsLink=`0`&removeNewLines=`1`]]

The problem is that the removeNewLines is working on everything except the current class which is displayed in code view as follows

<ul class="topnav"><li><a href="Welcome-to-the-ABC.html" title="">Home</a></li><li><a href="About-ABC.html" title="">About ABC</a></li>    <li class="current">About DM</li><li><a href="events.html" title="">Events</a></li><li><a href="fundraising.html" title="">Fundraising</a></li><li><a href="news.html" title="">News</a></li><li class="last"><a href="merchandise.html" title="">Merchandise</a></li></ul>

How do I stop the Li class current creating this gap when the code is rendered in browser. As its a vertical list with padding on the Li’s, I am getting the dreaded gap caused by the white white in the code in IE

I could remove the class and just style the li but that would create other problems with my padding I wish to retain. Anyone overcome this problem ?
    • Ran into this recently as well. Just modify the dropment code to remove the four spaces in front of the li.current. That’s NOT going to be in the next release... stuipd IE... undecided
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 205 Posts
        Thanks Ryan.

BTW how would you stop the Dropmenu displaying my home page when start ID is 0. I only want to display the site folders so is it easier to keep the start page in another folder also or is there another trick to solve this (would save cretaing afoldere just for one page in my design)

For my site I have everything in sections (folders) except the start (Home) page
        • Use the hidemenu parameter to support the show in menu checkbox.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me