We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 884 Posts
    I use ManagerManager on each and any modx site I install. one you learn to use it it’s great. but a nice UI would imporve it 1000 times.
    well, another wish smiley
    • A "nice UI" is a bit vague. Any specifics you’re looking for?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 884 Posts
        for instance, if we thinking layout along the DocManager module, with tabs for each category MM can help, Tabs,Fields Rename,Widgets,Sections etc.

so In the ’Tab’ page user can add new tabs and choose from a list of available TVs which TV goes in which tab.
        In the Fields Tab user can see the default documents fields and rename them, and enable/disable visibility.
        and so on...

Personally I mostly use MM for adding new tabs assigned to specific Templates with my on TVs which I use on the site.

that wish is gotta sound vague unless I translate each of ManagerManger possibilities from line of code to input fields and ajax drag N drops.
        IMHO, the one who coded ManagerManager add a very important feature for the back-end of modx, but many users a little intimidated by the coding practice even though its simply copy/paste, and maybe modx does not target that audience, still I think it can compliment modx a lot if the results of ManagerManger rules file could be achieved easly like in the case of DocManager for example.

i think I could have explained myself better if I drew you a photoshop draft smiley

• 4,205 Posts
          A UI is always welcome. In the case of MM, it is very well documented and it is the type of tool that a developer would configure rather than the end user, so it not be essential. I am just returning to it after using it when it first came out and it has sure matured well. It is really a great plugin and concept (I would rather see more widgets, they are too cool).
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 327 Posts
            Quote from: sinbad at Sep 15, 2008, 04:20 AM

that wish is gotta sound vague unless I translate each of ManagerManger possibilities from line of code to input fields and ajax drag N drops.
            IMHO, the one who coded ManagerManager add a very important feature for the back-end of modx, but many users a little intimidated by the coding practice even though its simply copy/paste, and maybe modx does not target that audience, still I think it can compliment modx a lot if the results of ManagerManger rules file could be achieved easly like in the case of DocManager for example.

I would like to do this - as you identify, it is much easier said than done!

In the next major refresh of MM, I’m planning to modify the way the rules are created in code (to make them more consistent and flexible by making them more object oriented). This is a step towards making a GUI easier to implement further down the line - at the moment it would be tricky.

Bear with me...
              Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK