We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 327 Posts
    Quote from: Amrit at Nov 26, 2008, 02:42 PM

Quick question.

I would really like to have only one document ID use a certain set of MM settings.
    It would make it easier for my customers if they can only see the exact fields they need, and nothing else.

As it is now I need to make a template for each and every docID I need to style with MM, and that creates alot of duplicated templates.
    If I need to change a template, then I have alot of work to do.

Or is there any other way to accomplish this?

At the moment you can’t do it directly by Doc ID (although it’s in the pipeline).

There’s no need to do it for every single docID - you can assign rules to everything, or do it by role (which you can assign to the client).
      Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
      • 75 Posts
      Thanks for the quick reply ncrossland.
      I’m not shure I made myself understood though.
      Or else I’m not fully understanding how to use MM... laugh

I’ll paint an example:
      Start (1)
      Activities (2)
      Album (3)

I need Start to be MM:d in a certain way, which is easy to do with MM. smiley
      So far so good.
      I also need Activities to be completely MM:d in a very different way, as I need the Album to have it’s own MM:ing
      And this is just the beginning, I actually need almost every docID to have it’s own MM:ing styling.

If I use roles, they all apply to the roles I assign my clients, but they also apply to the templates, either to the ones I specify, or omit for all templates.

I want almost every docID to have its own MM styling.
      Guess I’ll have to wait for that, or create a duplicate template for every docID and assign the MM:s the way I need to style them.

Great work by the way. MM is really awesome. Makes my job as a "teacher" for my clients sooo much easier. laugh

Cheers
      Amrit
        • 327 Posts
        OK, I understand.

I’m making some fairly major changes in version 0.4 to how rules are defined, which will allow you to address individual documents, or templates or categories, or roles, etc etc.

But, immediately, I don’t have a simple answer for you. Sorry!

• 898 Posts
          on the wish list, it would be nice to have an includeFile or includeChunk function so i can create a custom jquery function that’s just included.
            Chuck the Trukk
            ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
            - - - - - - - -
            What are TV's? Here's some info below.
            http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
            http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
            • 75 Posts
            :-)
            Well you just gave me the best available answer. At the moment it can’t be done.
            That is an immediate answer and it is good enough for me.

I’ll simply just add that functionality in the future when 0.4 comes.

Thanks for your quick reply.
            Much appreciated.

Cheers
              • 327 Posts
              Quote from: ChuckTrukk at Nov 26, 2008, 05:47 PM

on the wish list, it would be nice to have an includeFile or includeChunk function so i can create a custom jquery function that’s just included.
              That makes sense! I’ll add it as a request to incorporate into the main plugin.

As a workround (and a demonstration of the extensibility of MM), it’s easy enough to do that at the moment, you can create a widget that does this e.g.:

create a folder in /widgets called includejsfromchunk - and within that, create includejsfromchunk.php:

<?php

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              // mm_widget_includejsfromchunk
              // Include arbitary JS code from a chunk, and do it for e
              //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
              function mm_widget_includejsfromchunk($chunkName, $roles='', $templates='') {

global $modx, $content;
              	$e = &$modx->Event;

$output = '';	

if (useThisRule($roles, $templates)) {		

// Get the chunk content
              		$js = $modx->getChunk($chunkName);

$output .= "//  -------------- Included JS ------------- \n";

$output .= $js;		

} // end if

$e->output($output . "\n");	// Send the output to the browser

}

?>

(I haven’t tested this code)

• 623 Posts
                Not trying to cross post, I promise. But I started a thread in the general discussions thread because I was getting an error when trying to create a document. It wouldn’t load the header. So, after some messing around I disabled ManagerManager and the error went away. More specifically, mm_showimagetvs. Could someone shed some light on this?

Here’s the other thread:
                http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,31781.msg192938.html#msg192938
                  The MODx has you...
                  Utah Web Design
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Since this Resource has a dedicated forum, I am locking this thread.

Please post your issues here by starting a new topic: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/board,349.0.html

Thanks.
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                    • 327 Posts
                    As of ManagerManager 0.3.8, this plugin is included in the main ManagerManager package.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.