We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Since yesterday my website is having major problems; when visiting, this is what shows:

« MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: Function split() is deprecated
    Error type/ Nr.: - 8192
    File: /home/vhosting/r/vhost0025828/domains/kaliz.nl/htdocs/www/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(770) : eval()’d code
    Line: 2

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0029 s (0 Requests)
    PHP: 0.0327 s
    Total: 0.0356 s

How did this happen all of a sudden? I’m working on ModX 1.0.0, which was working flawless until now... Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.
      • 589 Posts
      Quote from: kaliz at Feb 09, 2011, 10:58 AM

How did this happen all of a sudden? I’m working on ModX 1.0.0, which was working flawless until now... Any help is uch appreciated!

Your host upgraded PHP to 5.3.x
      Solution: upgrade to MODx 1.0.5 or downgrade your PHP (first option is much better/safer).
        • 18 Posts
        Fantastic, will do!

Thanks for the fast reply smiley
          • 18 Posts
          Your host upgraded PHP to 5.3.x
          Solution: upgrade to MODx 1.0.5 or downgrade your PHP (first option is much better/safer).

I upgraded to 1.0.5. but it’s still not working, gettting the following message:

« MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
          « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
          Error: Function split() is deprecated
          Error type/ Nr.: - 8192
          File: /home/vhosting/r/vhost0025828/domains/kaliz.nl/htdocs/www/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(814) : eval()’d code
          Line: 2

Parser timing
          MySQL: 0.0019 s (0 Requests)
          PHP: 0.0256 s
          Total: 0.0276 s

Do i need to upgrade to 2.0, or what should I do to get back online...?
            • 2,310 Posts
            You must have a snippet running using the split() function.
            You’ll need to find out which snippet is causing the problem.
            Do all pages show the error message?
            If not that will help find the cause.
            Otherwise try commenting out each non-standard snippet until you find the culprit.
            MODx 2.0 is a completely different codebase and there is no direct upgrade path.