We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    I am working in Revo and I am pretty familiar with the form customization rules. However I can’t figure out how to remove a template from the drop down for a specific user group. So I just want to show two of the created templates to the client so they don’t select something incorrect.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Use Element ACLs.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 24,544 Posts
        IOW, put that template in a category and link that category to the Administrator group using an Element Category Access ACL entry.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 534 Posts
          I intuitively did exactly that for the same purpose...

1. created a category "Hidden"
          2. Added all templates that should not be shown in the dropdown (when updating/creating a resource) for template selection to the category "Hidden"
          3. Went into Access Controls and edited "Administrator" usergroup
          4. Added the category "Hidden" to Element Category ACLs, min role Super User - 0, Permission "Element", context "mgr"
          5. Checked the "Editors" usergroup, Element Category ACLs are empty there, seems ok
          6. Flushed permissions and cache

but when I log in as a member of the Editors usergroup and update a resource I still see all templates, also the ones that are in category "Hidden" are visible...any ideas what I'm missing?

thanks in advance!
            • 5,888 Posts
              -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
              • 534 Posts
              Sadly not, thought first "that's it" (it's not about giving myself/Administrator the permission, it's about taking them from the editors), so I followed your instructions on that page (how I understood it) and removed the categories from the Administrator group (it now has no element category ACLs) and instead added them to the Editors group but with load only permission (and role Super User - 0, also tried the Editor Role (36), but no difference)...that should be right, is it? Then flushed permissions and cache and tried again, but still all templates show up in that dropdown^^...thought I got the ACLs finally, but this issue learned me better =D
                • 151 Posts
                From that link it is a little confusing and wasn't the best place for me to post the question in hind site but was same problem the other user had on Evo and still seems unanswered why the TVs disappear. For me though what Bruno suggested works.

How mine is setup:
                Have the Hidden element category created and all the templates you want not to show added to it. I do not have the Admin group added to that category because this screwed up TVs.

In the Editor group access add your Hidden Element Category to them as follows:
                Category: Hidden
                Context: mgr
                Min Role: member - 9999
                Access Policy: Load Only

That's it. Works for me anyway.

If you don't want the template selector to show at all on select resources this is a little more tedious. You have to go into Form Customization, create a profile, and create 2 sets for each template a resource uses that you want the selector removed, one for create and one for update with the template box unchecked in the list. Duplicate these 2 adding the template you want in the heading part of each set.

I'd love to know if there is another way to accomplish this as having 20 sets doesn't seem like the best way to do it. I haven't had to yet but if they need to be updated I have to go into each one and do so. Or fix one, delete the rest and duplicate. Either way about the same amount of work. For 10 templates its a pain but not a huge deal. If I had double that amount I might outsource it to the Philippines tongue
                  MODX...the Zen of CMS
                  "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
                  • 370 Posts
                  Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? i tried the ACLS but still all templates show up in the dropdown when i'm logged in as My client

Rdg
                    • 5,888 Posts
                    ??
                    For me though what Bruno suggested works.
                      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                      • 370 Posts
                      I figured it out the above example was based on the idea of giving rights to the Admin user group
                      Bruno's example dealt with denying rights to the Custom user group. I , Stupid, tried Brunos way with the Administrators group.
                      so thank you got it now