We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    Hi.
    How to:
    1.Hide or show the resources in the tree that are unpublished.
    2.Using something else for title in tree instead of pagetitle (resource alias example).
    3.Directly upload the file while editing TV (file or image). Do not use Modx browser, just regular form (choose file - upload).
    4.Rename file after upload, and that new name is based on resource alias.
    5.Uploaded files to be placed in a dynamically created folders, which will be called like resource parent ID.
    6.Disable tree in custom Manager pages, leave other header elements intact
    Tnx.
      • 5,888 Posts
      Quote from: dj13 at Oct 23, 2010, 08:17 AM

Hi.
      How to:
      2.Using something else for title in tree instead of pagetitle (resource alias example).
      don’t know yet

3.Directly upload the file while editing TV (file or image). Do not use Modx browser, just regular form (choose file - upload).
      custom-tv-input-type
      5.Uploaded files to be placed in a dynamically created folders, which will be called like resource parent ID.
      plugin onBeforeDocFormSave and or onDocFormSave
      don’t know yet
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 61 Posts
        Bruno17 thanks for the fast response.
          • 7 Posts
          Quote from: Bruno17 at Oct 23, 2010, 08:39 AM

custom-tv-input-type

Bruno,

You said this could be done with a custom-tv-input-type. Could you give some direction on how to accomplish that??? There is a feature for 2.1.0 that is close (http://bugs.modx.com/issues/2569). But having the ability to DIRECTLY upload files (e.g. slider images to ’assets/images/slider’ and staff pictures to ’/assets/images/staff’ or MP3 audio to ’/assets/audio/samples’) when saving the page would be INCREDIBLY helpful! I have a project coming up within the next couple of weeks where the client will have up to 3 images and 5 MP3 files associated with each page.

Thanks so much for your help. Have a great day!

Paul
            44+ MODXed sites and counting...
            • 4,149 Posts
            Quote from: dj13 at Oct 23, 2010, 08:17 AM

A good feature request: http://bugs.modx.com

This was added in 2.0.5, which will be out very soon.

Custom TV input type.

Custom TV input type.

Custom TV input type.

Add this JS code to happen somewhere in your CMP:

Ext.onReady(function() { Ext.getCmp('modx-layout').hideLeftbar(); });
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 1 Posts
              Quote from: splittingred at Dec 08, 2010, 07:25 PM

Custom TV input type.

Hi
              I tried to implement file upload using ExtJS File Upload Field http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/file-upload.html
              For this I created my own Custom TV Input Type as described here http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Adding+a+Custom+TV+Input+Type
              But I got an error when a resource with Custom TV is rendered Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ’applyStyles’ of null and forms tags is missing in the resulting html code.
              I tried to manually put a simple form in my template
              <form action="upload.php">
                  <input>
              </form>

The result was only this
              <input>

tags <form action="upload.php"> and </form> is gone!

How to use the forms in Custom TV Input Type?

Thanks!
                • 697 Posts
                {
                            xtype: 'modx-combo-browser'
                            ,fieldLabel: 'Category Image'
                            ,name: 'url'
                            ,id: 'pm-'+Ext.id()+'-url'
                            ,allowBlank: false
                            ,hideFiles: true
                        }

This will give you a MODx browser in an CMP using MODext
                  • 2 Posts
                  Hello dou,

did you find a solution for your custom-tv "direct-upload" image ?
                  I need to do exactly the same for a urgent project, any help will be great !

Thx
                    • 54 Posts
                    Wow! great insight for implementing modext in our custom components. I think there should be more tutorial about this. Extjs documentation is a mess and it is basic knowledge to know for developping in modx
                      Marc-Andre Audet