We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi All,

i’ve been migrating my own website over to Revo and I’m very impressed; if anybody’s not found a few hours to really dive into Revo then I urge you to try it; you’ll quickly see the benefits.

During the buildup to Revo’s release one of a few things which had caught my attention was the inclusion of ManagerManager features built right into the CMS.

I’ve run into a small snag which I’m hoping can be solved here.

Here’s a screenshot of my restricted Manager, which I might use with clients:

(Full size)

As you can see I’ve completed removed a lot of the menu items, and I’ve also removed the Elements and Files tabs from the lef-hand sidebar. To do this I had to make a User Group of which the client login is a part of; then used the Access Policies to restrict access to certain areas of the Manager. But in Evo I was able to remove and rename the Resource’s fields and titles (e.g. completely hiding Summary from view). Is this possible in Revo straight out of the box?

Also, is it possible to hide certain TVs from the client’s view? In the Access Permissions tab when I edit a TV I checked Resourced Group (e.g. Admins) which could only view certain TVs, yet this didn’t hide it from other Groups?
      MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: Adam at Aug 13, 2010, 09:30 AM

As you can see I’ve completed removed a lot of the menu items, and I’ve also removed the Elements and Files tabs from the lef-hand sidebar. To do this I had to make a User Group of which the client login is a part of; then used the Access Policies to restrict access to certain areas of the Manager. But in Evo I was able to remove and rename the Resource’s fields and titles (e.g. completely hiding Summary from view). Is this possible in Revo straight out of the box?
      Yes, through Form Customization: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Customizing+the+Manager

Also, is it possible to hide certain TVs from the client’s view? In the Access Permissions tab when I edit a TV I checked Resourced Group (e.g. Admins) which could only view certain TVs, yet this didn’t hide it from other Groups?
      Yes, through that or Element Category Access permissions. If the Resource Group checkbox isn’t working on TVs, file it as a bug: http://bugs.modx.com/

In the meantime, you can use Element Category ACLs; just put the TVs you dont want them to see in a Category, and restrict access to that Category to a group they’re not in.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com