We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    Hi,

I have a question, how to have a popup window to share the same session variables from MODx?

This is the case, I’m building calendar right now, but I want the edit button to open up a new window, just like quick edit. On the page that was open, I need to check the session variables, to deterine whether they are loging in with the right access or not, if not it won’t shows the editor, if yes, it will.

I try to take an example of quickedit, but it seems to me that it will just open up the editor, but when the user submit it, basically it will post the form to index.php, and I assume the index.php will have all the necessary code that needs to be included on the header, so that it will share the same variables.

Adam, can you help me with this?

Basically the editor.php will just be a plain html with certain php function to update the database, and everything bein secured using session, if I can solve this session sharing. What files do I need to include on my editor.php, so that it can use modx api and have the same session vars?

Thank you guys.

Regards,
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • 1,495 Posts
      Forget about this question, I already came up with the solution.

Thanks
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media