We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hi I am very new to Modx, and have an issue with the "New Template" feature. It does not open a window.

I have installed the code and run the setup sucessfully. The other administration fetures work. The "New" for the the other resurses works except for the New Template, the edit template works.

My environment is Windows 2000 server, IIS 4.0, PHP 4.3.1, and MySQL.

Is there something different as to how this page works compared to the rest?.
    or does IIS have to be tweeked to make it run?.

Any help is appreciated.
      Cheers

Mac
      • 1,495 Posts
      Ehm it’s suppose to work the same way as any other manager system. So the problem is, when you click the new button on the template, the right frame on the manager page doesn’t change at all?
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 6 Posts
        What happens is the right pane shows the loading message for about 5-10 seconds and then it goes blank.

During this time a red icon appears top left and the words "working ..." appear.

What I will do now is run it up and leave it on the "new template" option until something happens.

Thanks for your quick reply.
          Cheers

Mac
          • 6 Posts
          Futher letting the page sit for 10 mins the top left "working" icon has disappeared and the right pane is still blank.

I have installed another instance to a different virtual directory and MySQL database and it has the same issue, this time I left out the sample database.

Hope this helps.
            Cheers

Mac
            • 6 Posts
            Resolution - Have worked my way through the versions of PHP and found that the version up to 4.3.8 (for Windows that is) had a bug in them where there was a typo in the php.exe code.

It is all working now. Thanks for the help.
              Cheers

Mac