We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Since I could not found any topic/suggestion about this:

How do you handle the document tree with a large amount of items (for instance having 300+ news items in a container)?

Is there any way to show all the items in a simple, plain tabular view on the right main frame in the manager (maybe with some icons to edit, unpublish, add new documents in that container etc)?

Thanks for any help laugh
      • 110 Posts
      I don’t know about the solution you are asking about. However, what about just using some "sub-containers" so that your resource tree (document tree) has more depth? One can click the little triangle beside the resource (container) to expand or collapse it as you undoubtedly know.

When I first started trying to get to know MODx (a couple of weeks ago), it took me awhile before I realized I could create almost whatever kind of tree I wanted. You could organize your news items by subject matter or date. Perhaps year and month might be enough or finer-grained.

Or are you already doing this and there’s still too many news items in a container (I tend to think of the them as folders or directories, even though they are not).